Blinki contest map mod

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Blinki contest map mod

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:21 pm

Here is a map mod I made a while ago for the "blinki challange".

Download link: http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/54928053/file.html

Screenshot: Image

The map is a 1v1 and works well against cpus. The cpu places silos/airbases/radars in the outside ring, the players job is to find and destroy all cpu silos using the technique of blind tracing.

I suggest placing silos and a single airbase as shown in the screenshot. Remember the cpu likes to launch at 1.5 hour mark, so you must make your predictions and launches before then.

Good luck and feel free to post screen shots with your highest score.
Laika
level5
level5

Postby Laika » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:43 pm

The problem I see is that CPU will more often than not have fire range of silos not fully covered with radar. (edit: or not covered at all).

Here's example: before CPU launched, I sent a fighter to where the order mark lies now; I highlighted it on wb (at this point fighter runs out of fuel). The silo, despite of being relatively very close, didn't react. Of course, you can use a bomber for that; I'd still go for a real game if I wanted to excercise in blinding.

http://i.imgur.com/yPnXhww.jpg
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:22 pm

I see the problem now, it seems I made the outer ring a tiny bit too big, and also it is hard for cpu to cover that large an area with just 6 radars, but he does also have planes flying around which gives him some mobile radar so it is still possible to blind with some luck.

It's actually difficult to blind nuke with this mod, even more so than in real games, because of the lack of radar, you don't get to see the silo AA for very long, allowing you to trace long lines of AA fire.

Comparing to a real game, players often blind only against other close territories, like EU vs Russia etc where you have adequate radar to see long lines of AA fire. This mod is more like trying to blind SA silos using carriers from the pacific. I dont think any player can do that in a real game.

Return to “Mod Projects”