Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Exact-oxplosion mod

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:40 am

Exact explosion mod

This mod will show you the exact nuking hit boxes for all units. It will also change explosions graphic so they only cover the actual blast radius.

To use it correctly you must first calibrate your nuke target mark using hexacon mod and the game zoom level.

diameter of nuke target = hexagon side

Anything that's grey, and inside the circle, is now equal to the blast radius of nukes.

The rest is easy, just make sure the nuke marker circle is just touching the hit boxes.

To nuke cities you can use the click and drop method and approximate a distance from the centre of the city. Because the city.bmp file always gets scaled it is not possible to make a hit marker for it.

Download link
Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:49 am

Nice work and added
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:29 am

I've updated a few of the files for the mod, and had some time to make some screenshots to show more clearly how to use it.

First you must set your zoom level. Get it so the blue target circle fits inside one of the hexagons.
Alternatively there is a smaller blue circle that happens to have diameter equal to one hexagon side. This smaller blue circle is used to aim your nukes.
Sometimes you get this grey looking target marker. It too must be equal to one hexagon side when at the correct zoom.
Launching nukes from silos you get the same grey icon. When the icon is grey like this, just ignore the smaller ring inside.
Here I'm launching a nuke at the silo by making the smaller blue circle just touch the damage area ring of the silo. This should be the maximum distance you can aim away from the centre and still damage the silo.
Another screenshot to show the order.
Bam! Target damaged. I've changed the explosion (made it smaller than the original) so it is set to the blast radius (at this zoom level)
An example of how to nuke ships.

So what can you use the mod for?

If trying to take out enemy silos, you could aim slightly shorter instead of clicking directly on them. Maybe this will give your nukes a better chance to damage the silos because they will be travelling shorter distance and be exposed to less AA fire.

You could use it for precision strikes. Such as when an enemy radar and your own radar is placed really close to each other and you want to take theirs out without killing your own radar in the process.

You could use it to see how tightly to pack navy formations. Nothing hurts more when 2 or 3 ships die from splash damage.
Laika
level5
level5

Postby Laika » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:48 am

Thank you for your job; interesting mod.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Never thought of dividing the blast radius into blast radius and damage area. And imo it's just arbitrary, as long as the sum stays the same. But now, why not shift it entirely to the damage area plus points sized explosion? Really good eye opener, thank you.
Laika
level5
level5

Postby Laika » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:24 pm

It can be useful for bomber raids on structures, when you don't need to drob the bomb exactly on center in order to damage, and when seconds do matter under fire from fighters.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:41 pm

Sure.
It just so strange.
I never could think of a way to put the blast radius onto the city, but the other way around it works.
I really like to put my silos near cities, but too often it was on it.
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:07 pm

Hmm? What is that circle in your picture? It looks much bigger than the ones I made.
Also I made my mod by trial and error, can't remember how exactly. It's probably not totally accurate but seems to work.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:09 pm

Oh, its just for illustration, not an actual working mod. :?
johnywilson
level0

Postby johnywilson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:06 am

At least he did an explaination to make it clear.
Last edited by bert_the_turtle on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Possible spam snipped.
nuclear cocaine
level4
level4

Re: Exact-oxplosion mod

Postby nuclear cocaine » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:11 am

Link is dead and id love to have this plz redoo link.
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Re: Exact-oxplosion mod

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:48 pm

MOR left a link above, try that one.

Return to “Mod Projects”