Defcon Devastation

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

jamo
level2
level2

Defcon Devastation

Postby jamo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:32 pm

In Defcon Devastation players will be able to choose up to 4 factions by renaming the player slots.
First faction: The United Nations
Second Faction: USSR
Third Faction: Bolshevik Elite Force
Forth Faction: NAZI

Each faction has a symbol. Choosing a symbol is what you must do if you want to join a faction. To join United Nations (UN) press ` to join USSR press = to joining the Bolshevik Elite Force press ; to join NAZI press -

What is changed in this mod ? Everything possible that can be changed in Defcon.
I will post screenshots of the mod. I am not going to release it yet. I must create a missile launch alarm. But it is very difficult I tried changing the frequency of an alarm sample and still when Enemy cpu players launch their nukes the game crushes. I can send you the sample so you can create the launch siren I want. The sample I have chosen is the alarm tone from half life 1...
Last edited by jamo on Sat May 11, 2013 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbz
level1
level1

Postby dbz » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:18 am

How's this coming along? The screenshots for it look really cool.
jamo
level2
level2

Postby jamo » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:16 pm

It is almost complete... All I need is some one to create an ogg sample for a new launch siren. If you agree, please post your email and I will send you the wave sound sample from Half - Life Crossfire alarm tone.
dbz
level1
level1

Postby dbz » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:51 pm

I can convert a ".wav" file to an ".ogg" file if that's all you need done... I'm not sure what to do when it comes to adjusting the frequency though. What program are you using to edit the file?
jamo
level2
level2

Postby jamo » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:30 pm

I tried changing the frequency with Audacity, but unfortunatelly I can,t get it right! The game crushes when misiiles launch and the siren starts...
dbz
level1
level1

Postby dbz » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:35 pm

Well I don't know if I can help... I've got a couple audio editing programs (Audactiy, Wavosaur), but mainly I do my own music using a program called Buzz which works with VSTi (instrument) plugins. So I can create sounds as well. I don't know the inner workings of the Defcon program and why there would be a conflict between the alarm sound and the missile launch sound. If you want I can take a look at the "wav" file but I don't know that I'll be able to fix the problem not knowing the cause of it.
jamo
level2
level2

Postby jamo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:18 pm

Don't you worry. I will release the mod without the launch siren. Tnanks anyway :)
dbz
level1
level1

Postby dbz » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:42 pm

Sorry I couldn't have been of more help to you, but I'm glad you'll be releasing the mod anyways. If I had any artistic (graphic) skills whatsoever, I'd probably make an attempt at a mod myself. I know you've done a number of mods for Defcon already, but I was wondering if you would consider doing a Jericho (tv series) mod? It was an amercian tv show about the survival of a town called Jericho in the midst of a nuclear attack on the country. I think it would be perfectly suited for this game.
jamo
level2
level2

Postby jamo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:11 pm

I'll see what I can do. Jericho , Hm... I'll have a lot of research. Modding Defcon is quite easy. All you must know how the game works. Ofcourse I am an artist and I have the skills to change and enhance the bmp files. Unfortunately when it comes to sound... I can't do anything. Now I am trying to modify Red Alert Yuri's Revenge. It's really a challenge and still I have alot to learn...
dbz
level1
level1

Postby dbz » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:39 pm

So I take it you've never seen the show then. Well here's the wiki link for it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_(TV_series). I don't know how realistic it was, but I found it to be entertaining. It ran for one season and was cancelled... fan support brought it back for another season, but it was cancelled again part way through. Since the story wasn't really finished they went and did a third season in a 6-part comic series. There was even talk of doing a movie.

If you're already working on something else, then that's fine - just check it out whenever you feel like it. :)

Return to “Mod Projects”