Windows Screensaver

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Treefrog
level1
level1

Windows Screensaver

Postby Treefrog » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:45 am

So after seeing lots of comments and a few people practically saying its impossible, I decided to give it a go, and well I have a result, its extremely unuser friendly, apart from that, it works for me, so I'm fine with it.

Code: Select all

#include <windows.h>

int main()
{
ShellExecute( NULL, "open", "defcon.exe", NULL, "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Defcon\\", SW_SHOW );     // Opens Defcon.exe from its location in C:
{
int x=1920;                                                                                         // X = Screen Width
int y=1080;                                                                                         // Y = Screen Hight

Sleep(6000);                                                                                        // Program waits for 6 Seconds
Loop:                                                                                               // Loops the Program
    const int CURSOR_X =  x*0.520833;                                                               // x-coordinate of mouse
    const int CURSOR_Y =  y*0.481481;                                                               // y-coordinate of mouse
    SetCursorPos(CURSOR_X,CURSOR_Y);                                                                // Move cursor to set co-ordinates - Cursor on Rolling Demo
for (int n=0;n>0;n++)                                                                               // Loop detects first run, if first long timer, not skip
{
    Sleep(4000);                                                                                    // Program waits for 4 seconds
    goto rdc;                                                                                       // Goes to Rolling Demo Section
}
rdc:                                                                                                // Rolling Demo Section
Sleep(25);                                                                                          // Program waits for 25 ms
    mouse_event(MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTDOWN | MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTUP, 0, 0, 0, 0);                             // Left Mouse button click - Clicks on Rolling Demo
Sleep(25);                                                                                          // Program waits for 25 ms
    const int CURSOR_Xb =  x*0.026041667;                                                           // x-coordinate of mouse
    const int CURSOR_Yb =  y*1;                                                                     // y-coordinate of mouse
    SetCursorPos(CURSOR_Xb,CURSOR_Yb);                                                              // Move cursor to set co-ordinates - 'hidden' bottom left
Sleep(360000);                                                                                      // Program waits for 6 minutes.
    keybd_event(VK_ESCAPE,0x81,0 , 0);                                                              // Esc Press
    keybd_event(VK_ESCAPE,0x81,KEYEVENTF_KEYUP,0);                                                  // Esc Release - Brings Up Menu
Sleep(50);                                                                                          // Progrm waits for 50 ms
    const int CURSOR_Xc =  x*0.520833;                                                              // x-coordinate of mouse
    const int CURSOR_Yc =  y*0.546296296;                                                           // y-coordinate of mouse
    SetCursorPos(CURSOR_Xc,CURSOR_Yc);                                                              // Move cursor to set co-ordinates - Cursor On Leave Game
    mouse_event(MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTDOWN | MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTUP, 0, 0, 0, 0);                             // Left Mouse button click - Click Leave Game
    const int CURSOR_Xd =  x*0.479166667;                                                           // x-coordinate of mouse
    const int CURSOR_Yd =  y*0.527777778;                                                           // y-coordinate of mouse
    SetCursorPos(CURSOR_Xd,CURSOR_Yd);                                                              // Move cursor to set co-ordinates - Cursor on Yes
    mouse_event(MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTDOWN | MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTUP, 0, 0, 0, 0);                             // Left Mouse button click - Click Yes
    goto Loop;                                                                                      // Loop Rolling Demo
}}

Limitations

1 - Must be the CD version of Defcon, NOT the Steam version.
2 - No way to exit Defcon and the program, via a mouse move or button press i.e. User needs to quit both programs.
3 - Program must be installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Defcon\ and the exe must be named defcon.exe. (This is editable with with a compiler)
4 - Screen resolution for this version is 1920 X 1080. (This is editable with a compiler)
5 - Sleep timers are based on my systems performance. (This is editable with a compiler)
6 - Cursor co-ordinates based on screen resolution. (This is editable with a compiler)
7 - Only tested on Windows 7 64-bit SP1, Core2Quad 2.66 Ghz, 4 GB RAM.

Code Alterations for Screen Resolutions

The code above (with edited x,y) works with :- 1920 X 1080, 1768 X 992, 1680 X 1050, 1600 X 1024, 1600 X 900, 1440 X 900, 1280 X 1024, 1280 X 960, 1152 X 864.

Altering CURSOR_Yc=0.56 (with edited x,y) :- 1366 X 768, 1360 X 768, 1280 X 800, 1280 X 768, 1280 X 720.

Altering CURSOR_Yc=0.56, CURSOR_Yd=0.56, CURSOR_Xd=0.47 (with edited x,y) :- 1176 X 664.

Altering CURSOR_Yc=0.56, CURSOR_Yd=0.54, CURSOR_Xd=0.47 (with edited x,y) :- 1024 X 768.

Altering CURSOR_Yc=0.58, CURSOR_Yd=0.54, CURSOR_Xd=0.47 (with edited x,y) :- 800 X 600, 720 X 576.

Altering CURSOR_Yc=0.6, CURSOR_Yd=0.58, CURSOR_Xd=0.45 (with edited x,y) :- 720 X 480, 640 X 480.

Closing Remarks

Feel free to alter, add and generally mess with the code, it'd be great to see a much more user friendly version of it some time down the line, but I just don't have the time or patience at the moment to spend any more time on it.

The program was built with Code Blocks 10.05.

Have fun!
brickostone
level0

Titanic work!

Postby brickostone » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:53 pm

Oh man, you probably did a tremendous work on this.
Could you please explain to me where should i put this code too?!
Treefrog
level1
level1

Re: Titanic work!

Postby Treefrog » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:54 pm

brickostone wrote:Oh man, you probably did a tremendous work on this.
Could you please explain to me where should i put this code too?!

All you have to do is download a compiler, such as the one I used, known as Code Blocks, then just copy and paste it into a new project file, and compile it from there.

It should then run straight off.

Code Blocks Download Page http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads/26

Once its been installed, go to File > New > New Project > Console Application > Next > C++ > Then create a project name > Next till finish.

Copy and paste the code over the main.cpp, then hit F9 to compile and run.
brickostone
level0

Postby brickostone » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:09 am

oh man thank you for your explanation, but i am too of a noob for thi stuff.
Once i put the code in the Main.cpp and press f9 it tells me this "Defcom - Debug" uses an invalid compiler. Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?! Skipping..."
Nothing to be done.
well then i also think it might be because i am running XP?!?
or i also think it is because i didnt meet soe of the requirements that you wrote earliel your first post!!
but anyway i will save the code in case it will work one day! thanks you for that!

Return to “Mod Projects”