Can some one give me the source code?

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:36 pm

You are the funniest troll that we have had in a long time. Keep the good time coming!

xander
jamo
level2
level2

Postby jamo » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:57 pm

Why won't you shut the fuck up Xander - Yo if you don't like my threads and mods, just don't post at all ever , ever again. You are really annoying.
Just chill bro - I'm out of here. PEACE!!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:42 am

The hyperactive ferret on crack is the one telling me to chill? Seriously? Wow... Best. Troll. Ever.

xander
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:08 am

xander, I'm confident he isn't trolling. He's registered here pretty long ago and done several mods (I'm personally using a part of one of them) and hes speaking style was always like that. I'm pretty sure he's serious, just doesn't well understeand how game development industry works.

There was no point in insulting him at the beginning, you could just kindly explain why the source code isn't publicly availiable.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:54 am

That's what he did. The sequence as I see it was that first, we had a collective good laugh at the request, then dino and xander explained the source is not available, the insulting only started after jamo refused to believe that. And xander just spoke out loud what we all have been quietly thinking.
jamo
level2
level2

Postby jamo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:22 pm

Thanks guys you're true pals. Well perhaps there was a misunderstanding - I thought that the source code was really available - besides I'm just a modder. All I was trying was finding new aspects of the game. I never wanted to argue with anyone, even you Xander. I know that you understand a lot from defcon. So when you started harassing me I thought you really had or new about the source code. Yes I'm not a professional I don't understand a lot of things in defcon.
I don't even play it - I just mod the available bmps. And maybe you wonder why I really wanted the source code? Well it all started when I read a topic in the defcon forum - it was about adding more territories. There I saw a reply from Xander explaining that it is not impossible - getting the source code could really fix that. I read that the source code is well structured and easy to use. I'm not quite certain, but that's what i have read. So my mind illuminated and POW - I thought if I had the source code I could change a little bit. If that's possible! Everything was just an idea - it's maybe preposterous, insane, absurd - but for me is really worthy to try.
roflamingo
level3
level3

Postby roflamingo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:11 am

xander wrote:jamo, on a scale from 1 to really fucking stupid, you break the machine. I am rather pissed about that, because it was not the cheapest nor easiest device to build. Now I have to figure out how to build a better meter that can take your monumental idiocy into account. I'm not sure that is possible. You are either moron, or the most pathetic troll ever. In either case, I suggest that you sterilize yourself so that your genes are never passed onto another generation. If you already have children, infanticide might be a viable option.

I have not always agreed with this man in the past, but are you available to be hired on a time and materials basis to write insults? :impressed:
struktstudio
level0

Postby struktstudio » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:14 pm

best thread ever! :)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:43 pm

struktstudio wrote:best thread ever! :)

Incorrect. Beno's Great Adventure is the best thread ever.

xander
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:17 pm

That one even has a musical version!
struktstudio
level0

Postby struktstudio » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:02 pm

Good to know that there is a musical version because that thread is epically long...
But I've added it to my reading list. Right after Tolstoy's "War and peace"
metalmouth7
level1
level1

Postby metalmouth7 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:03 am

No. THIS is the best thread EVER: http://web.archive.org/web/200210250102 ... 90&start=0

I love reading dead postings :)

Return to “Mod Projects”