[MOD RELEASE]: Mars and Earth 2

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

calculon000
level1
level1
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol system, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way, This Universe

[MOD RELEASE]: Mars and Earth 2

Postby calculon000 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:33 am

Edit from August 2023; Just discovered some people are actually still looking for this mod, still! I updated it to work on the steam version of This link will hopefully be good for another decade; Earth and Mars v2.1

I also uploaded it on modDB.

Edit from August 2013; Just discovered some people are actually still looking for this mod! I put it on a hopefully more perminant home on google docs which can be accessed here; Earth and Mars 2

The Mars and Earth 2 Mod
Current version: 2.0 (December 3, 2009) Link (1050 KB)

Also, a purely graphical mod of just the unit graphics is here. If this could get a separate mod list listing too, that would be appreciated.
Link (221 KB)

This is basically my old Mars and Earth mod with some major changes. Looking back, it's easy to see the glaring flaws I put in the original mod, as it was an experiment in different ideas in Defcon gameplay, and some ideas turned out to be better than others.

So I've changed many gameplay aspects of the original, which I feel warrant it being considered as a sequel mod and thus warrants it it's own release and listing on the mod list, as opposed to a mere increment in the version number of the Mars and Earth mod. Changes include giving each territory decent ocean/space areas, and making it so Mars has just two territories instead of three. Also, the Moon is now a single territory of it's own and I fiddled with some of the city population numbers of cities on the Moon and Mars, for game balance reasons.

Here are some screenshots, but the actual graphics of this mod are unchanged from the original Mars and Earth mod.

Image[url][/url]
Last edited by calculon000 on Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:52 am

These screenshots are spectaculars!!! A party for the eyes..

Return to “Mod Projects”