Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

AlCiRe
level1
level1

Allcities mod fixed version?

Postby AlCiRe » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:47 pm

Hello, guys
I cannot find the Allcities mod that has NOT got the problem with the cities all having the same population.
Could someone give a link or explain how to solve the problem?
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:47 pm

You dont need the mod. You just have to set cities per territory to 200 to see all cities.

unrar main.dat

edit gameoptions.txt

change "CitiesPerTerritory 1 50 25 1" to "CitiesPerTerritory 1 200 25 1"

safe gameoptions.txt to yourDefconDir\data\gameoptions.txt

start a new game and raise the number of cities in the advanced game options dialog
AlCiRe
level1
level1

Postby AlCiRe » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:11 pm

Well I have done as you said, but ther are still not all the cities visible. In Germany for example there are a lot of cities missing, which are in cities.dat however. What exactly does determine which cities are shown?
I'd really like to have all of the cities on the map, just for private fun.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:28 pm

What trickster meant was that to see all cities included in the game do what he suggested. As far as I'm aware, the All Cities mod includes more cities than IV included (but not every city on the planet), so you'd need the mod to get the "extras".
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:32 pm

I just roughly calculated there have to be about 200 cities per territory, but in fact there may be more, especially for europe. Just further raise the number, like 300.

AlCiRe wrote:What exactly does determine which cities are shown?

Defcon will just show the biggest 25 (or what ever you have number of cities set to) cities that will fit into the territory. Unless you have choosen Random cities. So if you just want a spiezial city to appear, edit cities.dat and raise the population.
Last edited by trickser on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:39 pm

A quick check shows 356 cities in USA+Canada.

Edit: 286 for USSR. Other territories are broken up by state/country so too much time to figure out.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
AlCiRe
level1
level1

Postby AlCiRe » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:15 pm

The problem is, if I set the cities per continent to 300 the map does NOT show 300 cities per continent. it shows more than normally but not 300.
If it always only shows the biggest 25, then why actually changing this particular value in the options?
And I figured that cities.dat includes a lot of englisch, german and french cities, that are never shown on the map even if I increase the value to 300 in the options.
So what do I have to do to let the map show all of the cities included in cities.dat ?
Or is that impossible?
And the mod doesnt work properly for me( all the cities have same population) and i Cant get the fixed version because the link is dead.
so I wanted to try myself.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:28 pm

AlCiRe wrote:If it always only shows the biggest 25, then why actually changing this particular value in the options?

trickser wrote:Defcon will just show the biggest 25 (or what ever you have number of cities set to) cities that will fit into the territory.

However, obviously its not enough, to just raise the number of cities. What the All_Cities mod does, is setting the Capital flag on each city. Seems this makes Defcon show them, if they are more then 50.

I also counted the cities in europe (no, not by hand), and there are almost 500 of them.

go here: http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon ... php?t=6991
for a working mod version

Return to “Mod Projects”