[Mod] Defcon Warhead V.3 Beta

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:21 pm

None of that is possible, unfortunately. The game mechanics are hardcoded and not moddable.
Gulidar
level4
level4

Postby Gulidar » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:25 pm

jamo wrote:What do you want me to change? I was wondering how I could add in the script land units and new buildings. Such as a nuclear reactor, un uranium mine - to excavate uranium for the nukes. And choosing sides. All sides should have differences in the graphics - for example: Russia should have nuclear reactors, America fusion power plants. Units should be different by strength, combat range and the game should include few types of explosions. If you have noticed the depth charge, nuke, small explosions, and highlighted population has the same bmp file image. And missiles when launched should leave a gas trail - not a line.
There should be a diplomacy button so opponents can share resources, when things get tight. I would like to add choppers and comanchies to the airfield. Naval units should be built at naval shipyards and missile silos should give you unlimited stockpile of warheads only in condition you get enough points by nuking opponents.

Well, man, its Defcon, not some platfom for making any games you want. That's why y think all those changes are impossible. By the way, they are not needed, because Defcon ideas are:
1) Simplicity
2) No production
3) Equal forces for all sides

Still mod is interesting. And mixing Europe and Russia makes it even good, hehehe
What is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
jamo
level2
level2

Postby jamo » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:25 am

I can still make a Defcon Master Explosion Pack. It will Contain few types of explosions: the original atomic bomb from Warhead, a hydrogen bomb, neutron bomb, chemical bomb, bio bomb, demolition bomb. It's going to be a lot of work.
Johnis
level2
level2

Postby Johnis » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:03 am

EXPLOSIONS IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!

1) Do something with the map so it can be used in any game
2) Do something with the subs add a tiny nuclear syblol next to em.
3) do something so sities become more visible
4) if you add some characteristics like radar range it will become perfect :)

If you fix the above. Everybody will use this mod !!
!! I AM WAITING TO USE YOUR MOD ,so finish the above!!
X-Ray
level2
level2

Jamo's M

Postby X-Ray » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:17 am

:roll:

Jamo,

If you want to hear my opinion, please read forward. If you don't or you feel insulted or disrespected by comments suggesting change, please disregard this post entirely.

Your original post invited our comments and, specifically, provided us the impression that you wanted feedback to finish the mod. If that's not the case, then you should let people know that this is a finished mod as it is.

Otherwise and having said that, you should listen to what Bert said, instead of dismissing his comments with that's all you can do or we can change it if we don't like it. The most obvious is to avoid confusion - something your mod is replete with.

As Bert pointed out, there is no difference between your submerged and exposed subs. Also, your sub icons are not discernible; neither are your airbase icons. Your cities are also extremely hard to identify and target. On the other hand the map is beautiful, but the red outline complicates it unnecessarily. Try it with either no outline or perhaps a white outline as in the game. Your explosions are fantastic.

In the game, when timing and targeting are issues, people are not going to make the effort to zoom in to find your cities. Nor are they going to zoom in to figure out what is what. Everything must be easy to spot at any scale (e.g. your bombers and fighters are beautiful, yet easy to discern from one another). There are a lot of wonderful aspects to your mod, from icons to the map itself. But you must eliminate or correct items that cause confusion. :)

jamo
    level2
    level2

Postby jamo » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:33 am

Do you like the silos and vulcan turrets. I tried to combine the platform into a vulcan turret air defece system and a missile silo. They also have a small nuclear symbol.
    Johnis
    level2
    level2

Postby Johnis » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:47 pm

everything is great . but the map should be used also in every game. This mod is bautifull and worths to be played in every game. not exclusivelly in a MOD run like piratecon or anything else.
    australia does not participate in war :)
    I want to use your mode on DEDCON TEST DEMO MODE 2 server for example. not having to deactivate your mod to play there . Do you understand ?
    Gulidar
    level4
    level4

Postby Gulidar » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:10 pm

Johnis wrote:1) Do something with the map so it can be used in any game

Why cant you just replace usual units by the usable ones from mod? Or explosions or something. It's easy, just replace the bmp file in data folder(if you dont have it, extract it from main.dat with a usuan winrar).
    What is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
    jamo
    level2
    level2

Postby jamo » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:20 pm

Why do you want to use my mod? If you want to change it go ahead. I don't mind.
    Efsid
    level0

Postby Efsid » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:11 pm

yeah, but by doin this u will make the game look like C&C or something.We dont want this to happen.Of course i didnt say that C&C is bad , not at all.But DEFCON shouldnt be just like other strategy,which u have to built, gather resources etc.
    Thats the attractivity in DEFCON it has its own gameplay
    rus|Mike
    level5
    level5

Postby rus|Mike » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:11 pm

Mod updated (just noticed that the author mailed it to me eternity ago :P note to jamo: I don't check that adress, use forum PM).
    I don't know what's changed, probly jamo will tell :P
    http://dotlink.mobi/rusmike/Warhead.zip
    jamo
    level2
    level2

Postby jamo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:15 pm

Small graphical differences: the sub has a small nuclear symbol that glows yellow - see the bmp image in the data graphic folder. The warhead is different. I didn't change the map territories, because i like it that way. If you want to play with the original territories, just delete the coastlines data folder.
    Pwnbroker
    level2
    level2

Re: Jamo's M

Postby Pwnbroker » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:42 pm

X-Ray wrote::roll:

Jamo,

If you want to hear my opinion, please read forward. If you don't or you feel insulted or disrespected by comments suggesting change, please disregard this post entirely.

Your original post invited our comments and, specifically, provided us the impression that you wanted feedback to finish the mod. If that's not the case, then you should let people know that this is a finished mod as it is.

Otherwise and having said that, you should listen to what Bert said, instead of dismissing his comments with that's all you can do or we can change it if we don't like it. The most obvious is to avoid confusion - something your mod is replete with.

As Bert pointed out, there is no difference between your submerged and exposed subs. Also, your sub icons are not discernible; neither are your airbase icons. Your cities are also extremely hard to identify and target. On the other hand the map is beautiful, but the red outline complicates it unnecessarily. Try it with either no outline or perhaps a white outline as in the game. Your explosions are fantastic.

In the game, when timing and targeting are issues, people are not going to make the effort to zoom in to find your cities. Nor are they going to zoom in to figure out what is what. Everything must be easy to spot at any scale (e.g. your bombers and fighters are beautiful, yet easy to discern from one another). There are a lot of wonderful aspects to your mod, from icons to the map itself. But you must eliminate or correct items that cause confusion. :)

bump & bump

Jamo, what's the status of this mod? Very cool. Obviously a lot of hard work. Many cheers.

Return to “Mod Projects”