How to change borders?

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

PaulKar
level0

How to change borders?

Postby PaulKar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:42 pm

Hello, I want to make a mod that will correct some borders in the game, but there's one problem,

there is no way to do it.

Does anybody have a simple way to change it?
prebel3
level0

Re: How to change borders?

Postby prebel3 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:32 am

PaulKar wrote:Hello, I want to make a mod that will correct some borders in the game, but there's one problem,

I have no idea, and I think the chances of you finding an answer to your problem are pretty slim, on account of this forum being dead
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:39 pm

Ask the dead (use the search).
From memory: somewhere in the Defcon folder there is a a packed data file, smth like data.dat, which is just an ordinary zip or rar packed file. Once unpacked (in the same location as the packed file) you can edit what's modable. That's graphics, sounds and territories, phew, its in there. The 6 different territories are just orinary bitmap files, named appropriatly. Just make sure you save them in exact the same file format and exact location.
AviationSpace
level0

Postby AviationSpace » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:49 pm

PaulKar wrote:Hello, I want to make a mod that will correct some borders in the game, but there's one problem,

There is a way to change it, use MODSuite11f is you'd like and a mod folder with data -> earth -> coastlines.dat
For a more in depth tutorial, watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M_xByPafhM

Return to “Mod Projects”