Modding/Mapping in 2017?

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

TzuMiMoSa
level0

Modding/Mapping in 2017?

Postby TzuMiMoSa » Sat May 06, 2017 8:47 am

Hi all. I found out about DEFCON about a month ago and I'm in love with it. I want to make my own map so i can play on it with my friends (I'll send it to them of course) But there is one thing in my way. I don't know how to. I read the "Comprehensible" Mod guide, but when I went to go download some of the stuff, Either it could not be found or the domain was not owned/ there was no way to download it. I really want to do this but I don't know how to. any help is appreciated :)
Adref
level0

Re: Modding/Mapping in 2017?

Postby Adref » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:03 pm

For a map mod, here are the files you will need to change (I assume you already extracted the things):
In the Earth folder, the blur, AI markers, coastlines, sailable, travel nodes and territory bitmaps, as well as the .dat files for cities, and the international and coastal borders .dat files (those two are really just a graphics thing, can technically be skipped (though just delete the data in them if you don't want the default borders and coastlines showing up superimposed on your map.))

You can edit the .bmps in GIMP or something like that and the .dats in any text editor such as notepad.

In the graphics folder, change the blur, map, territory, water and water shaded bitmaps in something like GIMP.

When I made my own map mod I had some issue with file types that required some kind of creative work around but I don't remember exactly what. I think it involved copying things into paint and back or something, and it took a while and was very tedious.

Return to “Mod Projects”