Creating New Mod from Existing Mod

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

nal2us2
level1
level1

Re: Creating New Mod from Existing Mod

Postby nal2us2 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:30 pm

OK Everyone. Its looking real good now. I am going to be looking for anymore minor features to add before uploading as I only want to do this one time and would rather take it slow and make sure everything is there that is needed as opposed to doing numerous revisions to correct past mistakes.
nal2us2
level1
level1

Postby nal2us2 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:38 am

Ok I just uploaded all files. I couldn't upload the complete folders which is what i really wanted to do. I will check back on the forum in the morning.
nal2us2
level1
level1

Postby nal2us2 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:28 pm

LOL. Let this be a lesson to everyone!!!
Never try to do uploads when you are tired and its late at night or early morning.
I forgot to zip the collection of files and send them all at once as opposed to uploading every file individually.
Im not really stupid. I just play one on TV. LOL

Zip file upload to happen in a few minutes all.
Again sincerest apologies all
nal2us2
level1
level1

Postby nal2us2 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:38 pm

Ok friends. I just uploaded the entire Zipped package now that it is morning, im rested, and grew a brain. LOL

Admin, the zip package is called "WOPR Strategic Analysis 2014 - Upload Pkg"

Please review at your convenience and if all is well, please publish for all to use.

Again, I welcome all constructive comments about adding extra features to make the MOD more enjoyable to all. That includes graphics, sound, functionality, ect.

Have a great weekend all and I look forward to hearing from the Admin and all registered users on your experience with this mod.
Thanks and God bless
nal2us2
level1
level1

Postby nal2us2 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:13 pm

Everyone:

I just uploaded it and PM'ed the Admin with the link.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:19 pm

Added to modlist.
nal2us2
level1
level1

Postby nal2us2 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:01 am

Sweet. Did you get a chance to look at it yourself Sir?

Please advise
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:52 pm

Did you get a chance to look at it

No, sorry.
nal2us2
level1
level1

Postby nal2us2 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:11 pm

It looks like the WOPR Mod made it to the Mod list.
Special thanks goes out to the Administrator for his patience and again, if you have any comments concerning suggestions for improvements/ features, ect., I am all ears.

Enjoy!!!
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:17 pm

Okay, so I played a game with it.

I must say I am astonished, it indeed is almost a cineastic impression.

There are a couple of problems.
The sound is too loud, specially the music and some sound effects.
You said it is a combo mod, and you asked questions about copyright, but you don't mention any used mods or other sources apart from somebody called DocID99, who made what exactly?

And then your audience, this mod changes the map and can therefor only be played single player or in a lan basically. Your audience would be those people who play the game for it's immersion. The game has already a fantastic immersion by itself. I guess your mod is kind of a tribute to it, and it is good at that. But I dont know if this forum is the right place to find that kind of players. Maybe somewhere at steam you can post it also, or moddb? I really don't know where a good place would be. But here usually folks are looking for multiplayer and the game mechanics, your mod wont be their taste (at least the ones who post here). Where did you find the Modern Warfare mod?

The changed menu titles were pretty funny. Did you do them? "Surrender? Abandon your people?"
nal2us2
level1
level1

Postby nal2us2 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:17 pm

Thank you very much for your input trickser. I truly appreciate it.

I purposely made the effects and music loud to create more "tension" in the game but if it is irritating to others as well I will be more than happy to address that issue based on the consensus of others as well.

To address the "combo" situation I took the upgraded .bmp files from DocID99, and the fonts you mention in at the end of your reply, 9 ( i.e. "abandon your people, ect" ), came from the Modern Warfare 5.0 Mod.
The Music came from the Reptoid Invasion Mod with an additional intro Music file added which, between the three of those files will load randomly at every initial launch of the WOPR Mod I created.
Based on that explanation, you can browse through the different mods created, and view the screen name of the creator for each Mod.

Finally, for the single player vs. multiplayer scenarios with my Mod, I did all beta testing in "Rolling Demo" mode which uses 6 players. Based on that fact, if all six players have loaded the WOPR Mod, they should all be able to play a multiplayer game with the WOPR Mod. This is true of any Mod. When you go to the "Join Game" Mode, you will notice some games have a particular Mod loaded and if you try to join or even spectate that game, you will not be able to unless you have the particular Mod loaded on your own machine that all participants of the Multiplayer game have loaded as well.

I hope this addresses all your questions, observations, and concerns.

If not please feel free to once again reach out to me as my only intention here is an Awesome Defcon Player Experience.
Thank you and God bless
nal2us2
level1
level1

Postby nal2us2 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:17 pm

One correction to my earlier post trickser:
Rolling Demo only supports 3 players and not more than that.
It still shows that the Mod can work in Multiplayer Mode.

That being said I wanted to make that correction for the record.
Thank you
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:34 am

nal2us2 wrote:One correction to my earlier post trickser:
Rolling Demo only supports 3 players and not more than that.
It still shows that the Mod can work in Multiplayer Mode.

That being said I wanted to make that correction for the record.
Thank you

Yeah, what trickser meant there is that since everyone needs to have your mod loaded up, it won't be as popular. Especially among the users of this forum.

What most of us on this forum are looking for is a mod that will assist us with our game. Things like a radar mod or a blind nuking ruler, for example.
nal2us2
level1
level1

Postby nal2us2 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:51 pm

Just uploaded the revision to my original MOD
Name: WOPR Strategic Analysis 2014 Revised 1.01
Link: http://www78.zippyshare.com/v/32086326/file.html

This revision attempts to address the sound issues, ( i.e. Volume ) that was brought up by another user earlier.
Please leave any comments or suggestions for improvement as we all know that there is always plenty of room for that with ANYTHING in life. LOL

Enjoy Friends!!!!
nal2us2
level1
level1

Postby nal2us2 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:30 pm

Heres a quick question very much off the subject of this thread.
What are those funny geometric shapes to the North East of Australia on the World Map supposed to represent?
Anyone know?

Return to “Mod Projects”