*MOD* Realistic World Nuclear Superpowers Map

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Kyle Andricic
level0

*MOD* Realistic World Nuclear Superpowers Map

Postby Kyle Andricic » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:49 am

INTRODUCTION
I have been playing Defcon a lot recently and have decided that the 6 regions you get to choose from are way to unrealistic, so I decided to tinker with the maps and came up with this mod.
MOD CONTENTS
[*]North American region is just the US of A (Including Hawaii and Alaska).
[*]South American region is no longer available. And is now Australia (Australia being apart of the mod maybe discontinued due to it being non-nuclear, but that all depends on whether fans like Australia being apart of the Mod due to the exclusion of it in the original map.)
[*]Russia is just the Russian mainland.
[*]Europe is left the same due to size problems, but planning on editing out the non-nuclear country that are in europe and just having the nuclear countries. (France, UK. etc.)
[*]South Asia is now just China.
[*]Africa is now India but contains a tiny part of Africa due to size problems.)
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/63nr1 ... _Alpha.rar
CONCLUSION
Iruleatdefcon
level0

Re: *MOD* Realistic World Nuclear Superpowers Map

Postby Iruleatdefcon » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:24 am

tnx. love this mod. :D
Lebowsky
level0

Postby Lebowsky » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:50 pm

It's very interesting idea. Let me give you an advice: it would be better to include Pakistan (and may be Iran) into India location 'cause the first one definitely has nuclear weapon and it would be more appropriate than a random piece of Africa (it's Libya as far as I can see). And use more of water space on the western coast of India
Also you'd better to not edit Europe map 'cause NATO spreads its influence even on the non-nuclear countries and can set up their antimissile defense systems there. Perhaps you can remember the debates about the deployment those systems in Czech and Poland a few years ago.
Kyle Andricic
level0

Postby Kyle Andricic » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:55 am

Lebowsky wrote:It's very interesting idea. Let me give you an advice: it would be better to include Pakistan (and may be Iran) into India location 'cause the first one definitely has nuclear weapon and it would be more appropriate than a random piece of Africa (it's Libya as far as I can see). And use more of water space on the western coast of India
Also you'd better to not edit Europe map 'cause NATO spreads its influence even on the non-nuclear countries and can set up their antimissile defense systems there. Perhaps you can remember the debates about the deployment those systems in Czech and Poland a few years ago.
Thanks That is a great idea! Maybe in the near future I will add both Iran, and Pakistan. and add North Korea to China.
Kyle Andricic
level0

Postby Kyle Andricic » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:59 am

Iruleatdefcon wrote:tnx. love this mod. :D
Thank you for the good reply, I hope that you download the new version when it eventually comes out! It will have Pakistan and Iran integrated into The India region, and Australia Split between the U.S. and China! :P
Kyle Andricic
level0

Postby Kyle Andricic » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:03 am

In later versions I'm going to try make it so that land vehicles are integrated into the game! That is all for now. Happy Nuking! :twisted:
General Ivan
level2
level2

Postby General Ivan » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:49 am

Kyle Andricic wrote:In later versions I'm going to try make it so that land vehicles are integrated into the game! That is all for now. Happy Nuking! :twisted:

Not to be a buzz-kill to your idea or anything, as i think its a reasonable idea, but i'm sure this was discussed somewhere before on the forums and in game, it was decided that land units would be a bad idea.

Think of it in terms of when Europe is facing Russia. It's a complete cluster mess as it is when setting up at DEF 5-4. Even if you manage to squeeze units in there, there is enemy radar to take into account. Russia able to see most if not all your land units, and a good nuke or 2 on it will simply wipe out your land units.
Lebowsky
level0

Postby Lebowsky » Thu May 01, 2014 8:07 pm

Well, I played your mod for a while and made some conclusions:
- Australia obviously needs more cities. And please, don't divide it! It's much more interesting and logical to play it stand-alone.

- India, Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan should be the one territory. It will allow you to place cities and units more evenly.

- Canada should to get back to North America and Hawaii should to be excluded, because the last one gives a huge advantage to USA in Pacific ocean. USA was well balanced with Canada. More over, since we're talking about global nuclear war we should to consider the world not a bunch of countries but a number of regions which are the result of cooperation of the allies states (Australia is an exception 'cause it's a whole continent itself).

- According to the point above, adding North Korea to the Chinese territory is good idea. Vietnam should to follow the same way.

- The land units are bad idea. I'm agree with Ivan, it will be a chaos in matches with closely located countries and those units will be useless if the foes are divided by oceans. It better to keep up the work on territories.
That's probably all I wanted to say. Good luck! (:

Return to “Mod Projects”