Mod WIP: 'Humanities Last Stand at Mars'

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Dark Horizon
level0

Mod WIP: 'Humanities Last Stand at Mars'

Postby Dark Horizon » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:00 pm

I'm working on a mod that replaces all fleet unit graphics with Saucers, except for the carriers which now have a cigar shape. The setting is in space near Mars. ---Humanities last stand is about to occur at mars, an interdimensional gate leading to the homeworld of an enemy race of reptilian humanoids has just opened in the Mars sphere of influence. Will you repeat history, and have humanity kneel down before these alien Gods? Or will you take on the persona of one of humanities greatest battle commanders and defeat the parisitic race that threatens the harmony of humanities home?--

The mod is nearly complete. However, I'd love to be able to change the flight characteristics of all weapons, saucers, and "cigar" carriers, making them faster and more agile, however it seems that this may only be done through the source code, so if anyone is willing to lend a hand I'd appreciate it.

There appears to be a problem with territory location and cities. When placing the mouse over the bottom right territory of the alien planet, the label appears off the planet. Also, some cities are not appearing.

if possible, I'd like to prevent the letters in the menu overlay from flipping, and make them scroll down slower.

Is there a way to prevent the map from tiling to the left and right? If so, how?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/humanities-la ... /downloads
xander
level5
level5

Re: Mod WIP: 'Humanities Last Stand at Mars'

Postby xander » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:25 pm

As you say, just about anything is possible with the source code, so I'll try to address what is and what is not possible within the confines of the modding system without playing around with the source.

Dark Horizon wrote:There appears to be a problem with territory location and cities. When placing the mouse over the bottom right territory of the alien planet, the label appears off the planet.

I am not sure what is going on here. A screenshot might help.

Dark Horizon wrote:Also, some cities are not appearing.

When the game starts, cities are placed on the map based on the number of cities that the player chooses to include. Extra cities are not placed. This is likely what is going on.

Dark Horizon wrote:if possible, I'd like to prevent the letters in the menu overlay from flipping, and make them scroll down slower.

Are you referring to the fake Cyrillic letters used to replace certain letters in the Latin alphabet? If that is the case, you should be able to edit the font.bmp file for inclusion in your mod.

Dark Horizon wrote:Is there a way to prevent the map from tiling to the left and right? If so, how?

I believe that the answer is "No." At least, not without changing the source code.

xander

Return to “Mod Projects”