Modding help pls

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Dark Horizon
level0

Modding help pls

Postby Dark Horizon » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:18 am

I followed this guide viewtopic.php?p=40596 to make a Defcon mod, and it was working good. But when I tried to replace the graphic for the battleship the game just crashes when I click on the fleet spawn button (the ships and subs you click on to place on the map). I created the mod folder, the data folder, and the graphics folder, and simply replaced the original battleship.bmp with a new image that had the same dimensions.

Another problem; When I try to modify the scrolling text in the start up screen (that has the 3d wire frame earth), through the language file, a lot of the letters appear flipped, is there a way to prevent this?
Last edited by Dark Horizon on Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Re: Modding help pls

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:00 am

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Horizon
level0

Re: Modding help pls

Postby Dark Horizon » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:36 pm

tllotpfkamvpe wrote:You used the wrong compression for the bmp file. What program did you use to make the edit?

With Gimp, when exporting to bmp file I usually tick "Do not write color space information" and 24 bits R8 G8 B8

Or you can try opening and saving in microsoft paint to fix it.

Thanks, I use Gimp and modified those compatibility options like you showed me.

Return to “Mod Projects”