Modding help pls

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Dark Horizon
level0

Modding help pls

Postby Dark Horizon » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:18 am

I followed this guide viewtopic.php?p=40596 to make a Defcon mod, and it was working good. But when I tried to replace the graphic for the battleship the game just crashes when I click on the fleet spawn button (the ships and subs you click on to place on the map). I created the mod folder, the data folder, and the graphics folder, and simply replaced the original battleship.bmp with a new image that had the same dimensions.

Another problem; When I try to modify the scrolling text in the start up screen (that has the 3d wire frame earth), through the language file, a lot of the letters appear flipped, is there a way to prevent this?
Last edited by Dark Horizon on Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Re: Modding help pls

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:00 am

You used the wrong compression for the bmp file. What program did you use to make the edit?

With Gimp, when exporting to bmp file I usually tick "Do not write color space information" and 24 bits R8 G8 B8

Or you can try opening and saving in microsoft paint to fix it.
Dark Horizon
level0

Re: Modding help pls

Postby Dark Horizon » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:36 pm

tllotpfkamvpe wrote:You used the wrong compression for the bmp file. What program did you use to make the edit?

With Gimp, when exporting to bmp file I usually tick "Do not write color space information" and 24 bits R8 G8 B8

Or you can try opening and saving in microsoft paint to fix it.

Thanks, I use Gimp and modified those compatibility options like you showed me.

Return to “Mod Projects”