Homegrown Dedicated Server: DedCon 1.6.0_svn1038

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:15 pm

I might have missed it somewhere, buy why do the ranking tables show Nov as the last time they were updated? :shock:
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:22 am

That's because things are a bit chaotic here at the moment. I've moved the six player server over to MOR's vps, but haven't done anything about recordings/rankings there because I was unable to find the time.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:30 am

Just out of curiosity, is this something that is doable... (?)

Provide some way for a person wanting to copy a running dedcon servers setting automatically from the metaserver or within the game itself? For example, you go out and see the Diplomacy Premium (AKE) dedcon and think "Hmm I wish I had those exact settings so I could fire up a dedcon and play because that one is full/missing/etc. Oh way, here's a command to /import the settings automatically! Now all I have to do is save the config file with a valid key and off we go...!"? Sort of an "import" feature. This might be well outside the limits of dedcon, but I'll ask anyway.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:22 pm

Whenever a admin uses an included script with the Sudo 3 0 set in the script three times, the server restarts itself.
The script includes a whole new server setting, (changing 2v2 default, to 2v2 random, for i.e.)

Is this a preventive method for spamming?

Also, I don't think the CaseSensitive command is working correctly. Dedcon keeps rejecting the command as unknown. This is on the latest 1.43 build.

[edit] Well, another test, I included two different setting scripts twice, then manually changed one setting and the server restarted. So maybe its not just the include command, but changing any settings.
torq
level3
level3

Postby torq » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:03 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:Just out of curiosity, is this something that is doable... (?)

Provide some way for a person wanting to copy a running dedcon servers setting automatically from the metaserver or within the game itself? For example, you go out and see the Diplomacy Premium (AKE) dedcon and think "Hmm I wish I had those exact settings so I could fire up a dedcon and play because that one is full/missing/etc. Oh way, here's a command to /import the settings automatically! Now all I have to do is save the config file with a valid key and off we go...!"? Sort of an "import" feature. This might be well outside the limits of dedcon, but I'll ask anyway.

How do you think it can be possible through the game client? The only way to get those settings would be through an e-mail. You type something like '/import <e-mail address>' and get those settings. This will require more programming for Bert and more outbound traffic for the server host )))
It would be easier just to send a PM to the server owner and ask him to send those configuration files. Or simply host them on some web server with the recordings.
NMO
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:11 pm

torq: correct. It can't work for various reasons. It would be possible to dump the current setting values or mail them to the requester; but the current setting values are not the whole server configuration, that is determined by the rudimentary script-like config files. And sending all the config files would not practical because I'd have to do some special case coding to suppress settings that are supposed to stay secret (admin passwords, server keys).

sfericz: noted, but I haven't had the opportunity to investigate yet.
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Sun May 03, 2009 4:19 am

When a client uses the "/include" command that calls a script that changes the EventLog's file name and save location. It will prevent the new EventLog from knowing their Team information or IP and KeyID for use in the ratings.py and parser.py scripts. (Unless the player joined the game after the "include" was called.)

Is there anyway to make Dedcon re log the clients "Join information" in the new EventLog that was included?

Here is the Error message when I ran the ratings.py script on the logs with included games.

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./rating.py", line 1113, in <module>
    Run()
  File "./rating.py", line 1071, in Run
    Parse( False )
  File "./rating.py", line 812, in Parse
    clients[ID].name = name
KeyError: u'7'

u'7' being the client iD that has the missing information. (I believe)
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun May 03, 2009 9:45 am

Hmm, I don't think it would be easily possible to write all the old info out. It's not just the players and teams, it's also the settings (possibly) and the encoding and god-knows-what. Instead, why don't you just write something into the event log (using LogEvent GAME_2v2) and later sort the log according to the special tag?
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Sun May 03, 2009 10:44 am

Well, I'm not sure it would work with the strange system I have setup.

Currently there are four servers running.

1. 1v1 Default
2. 2v2 Random
3. 3v3 Default
4. Ace's Ladder

Each server has their own ratings separate from each other. But you can join the 1v1 Default (or any) server and /include the Ace's Ladder (or any) server. So making it change where the event log is stored and starting a new eventlog.

The only way I would see your suggestion working, is if I could write a special hash mark to the old event log right before it closes, then write the closing hash mark at the beginning of the new event log. Then I could use a grep method to find the needed logs and combine them, and then feed them to the rating.py.

But I have no idea how I would write those special hash marks, at the two needed times. Is it possible or were you talking about something else?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun May 03, 2009 1:15 pm

Yes :) What I'm doing in my setup (where inclusion of different configs is possible, too) is that I first put the log file into a generic place and keep the log filename the same throughout the run. The configuration that is selected is logged into the event log. Then, after the game is over, the log parsers look for those marks and process the log for the corresponding ladder.
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Sat May 16, 2009 1:52 pm

I cant watch recordings anymore.
If i open a drec file it automatically crashes.
If i open the dedcon.exe i get the following:

What should i do? Already tried to reinstall dedcon. No change.
It worked perfectly before.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sat May 16, 2009 2:25 pm

It can't find your real key and refuses to host the recording because of it. Sigh. Guess I'll have to code around that, you're about the 500th person to be struck with that.
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Sat May 16, 2009 2:31 pm

Ah ok. I wonder why this problem pops up all of a sudden. Thanks anyway.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sat May 16, 2009 3:54 pm

Build 1006 is up, containing a fix that should reenable the ability to watch playbacks for everyone.
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Sat May 16, 2009 4:16 pm

it works

Return to “Mod Projects”