Homegrown Dedicated Server: DedCon 1.6.0_svn1038

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:26 pm

Unfortunately, no. Well, I could, but name changes are sticky; if the client notices the server renamed you, you'll keep that name.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:41 pm

Well, that might just make things more interesting. :P
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:09 pm

Since I received a couple of PMs about it:
Yes, the server hosting this and my mod files is currently down. It's my home server, and my home is currently offline apart from the flimsy connection over my wife's cell phone. The issue should resolve itself in less than two weeks. I will try to see if I can move the stuff temporarily to the other, real server, but that is a bit complicated because I haven't even bothered connecting the home server and my PC to anything (including power) yet. And that whole bit about the flimsy network connection.
Sorry. In an ideal world, I would have remembered those things are on the home server and moved them off there while the network connection was still good.
lacrosse1991
level1
level1

Postby lacrosse1991 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:10 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:Since I received a couple of PMs about it:
Yes, the server hosting this and my mod files is currently down. It's my home server, and my home is currently offline apart from the flimsy connection over my wife's cell phone. The issue should resolve itself in less than two weeks. I will try to see if I can move the stuff temporarily to the other, real server, but that is a bit complicated because I haven't even bothered connecting the home server and my PC to anything (including power) yet. And that whole bit about the flimsy network connection.
Sorry. In an ideal world, I would have remembered those things are on the home server and moved them off there while the network connection was still good.

I could set aside some space for you on a datacenter machine if you would like, excellent uptime plus would be free of charge :) access would be via ssh + scp though, in case that would make any difference
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:48 pm

No need. It should all be back up again. If not, do tell.
lacrosse1991
level1
level1

Postby lacrosse1991 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:43 pm

Hello, is there a way to make custom commands in-game (using a log-scanner right now to pick up "commands") to prevent the unknown command error from popping up? Also is there any way to execute commands from the console, say ban someone for instance? I'm pretty sure both are not possible based on what you had said in the dedcon description, although I had just wanted to make sure, thanks!
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:45 am

lacrosse1991 wrote:Hello, is there a way to make custom commands in-game (using a log-scanner right now to pick up "commands") to prevent the unknown command error from popping up?
No, there are no provisions or plans for that.

lacrosse1991 wrote:Also is there any way to execute commands from the console, say ban someone for instance?
Not sure what you mean... everything you can put into config files can also be entered directly into the running server's console window/stdin or via admin chat commands. None of it will persist for the next game session, though.

Return to “Mod Projects”