More realistic launching...

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

hellcatv
level2
level2

Postby hellcatv » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:43 pm

nice, psychic---I had the default polar mod worldscale at 1.5 but turning it up does make life interesting :-)
I just wanted the default # silos in my world when I made the mod...but take a screenshot of it next time you do
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
kb5zht
level1
level1

Postby kb5zht » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:56 am

How do you get the world scale past 200? when I choose "BIG WORLD" it locks at 200, and if i manually change it, the counter quits climbing at 200..... so how do I get above 200?
Sirthomasthegreat
level3
level3

Postby Sirthomasthegreat » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:00 am

You could bump it up so you can control 5 territories at once.
kb5zht
level1
level1

Postby kb5zht » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:36 am

yes, I understand how to change the "max territories per player" setting, but still don't know how to change the world scale so it exceeds 200.... and one of the prior posts mentioned a scale of 300.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:47 am

kb5zht wrote:yes, I understand how to change the "max territories per player" setting, but still don't know how to change the world scale so it exceeds 200.... and one of the prior posts mentioned a scale of 300.

The maximum world scale limit is 200. You can change that by hacking some of the config files that Defcon uses. Those are hidden in main.dat. If you can get into main.dat, and start monkeying with the files, then you should be able to figure out what to change. It is fairly obvious. If not, then I am not going to tell you, because you are likely to break something, just like every other person that demands step-by-step instructions. I shall assume that you are competent, and don't need hand holding.

xander
Sirthomasthegreat
level3
level3

Postby Sirthomasthegreat » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:16 am

xander wrote:
kb5zht wrote:yes, I understand how to change the "max territories per player" setting, but still don't know how to change the world scale so it exceeds 200.... and one of the prior posts mentioned a scale of 300.

The maximum world scale limit is 200. You can change that by hacking some of the config files that Defcon uses. Those are hidden in main.dat. If you can get into main.dat, and start monkeying with the files, then you should be able to figure out what to change. It is fairly obvious. If not, then I am not going to tell you, because you are likely to break something, just like every other person that demands step-by-step instructions. I shall assume that you are competent, and don't need hand holding.

xander

My daddy said I didnt need hand holding either. Then I got hit by a car. :lol:
Strategic Air Command
level0

Postby Strategic Air Command » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:49 am

Is this mod real :?: and if it is can I have some direction as to where to download it Uragirimono or some body :)
P.S. how on earth did you get all those sub's? :D :D :D :D :D
Peace is our profession
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:12 am

xander
Strategic Air Command
level0

Postby Strategic Air Command » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:31 pm

xander wrote:Image

xander

L :lol: L
Peace is our profession
CastleBravo
level0

World Scale Limit

Postby CastleBravo » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:44 am

I created a mod to allow the world scale to be changed to as high as 1000. I sent it in to be added to the mod list, so it should appear there soon under the name World Scale.
Consumerist
level1
level1

Postby Consumerist » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:28 am

I thought this mod had to due with units rate of fire. What does world scale have to do with anything?
SpitJock
level1
level1

Postby SpitJock » Wed May 16, 2012 2:16 pm

The only way I ever found to allow subs/silo's/whatever to launch all in a burst like that, was to use CheatEngine or similar to hack the code to hold the cooldown timers at 0. You can also use it to change number of nukes in silos, number of aircraft/nukes on carriers and airbases, and similar. Quite good fun (once) but hardly makes for a challenging game of any sort. I tried it once, just to see, and found I could weather an all out attack from 5 AI players in one team against just me, and I took no hits. (turning off the silo cooldown timer means they spray AA fire at nukes many shots per second, instead of one shot every few seconds) You can set subs up to surface, fire as many missiles as you want them to, and submerge again, all in a blink of the game engine's eye...

Like I say - it was fun once, but not exactly how the game was meant to be played...

I guess if the source was *readily* available, you could mess about with timers, weapon numbers and the like, and re-compile... Perhaps have 2 classes of silo - one purely missile base and one anti-missile defence (no ICBMs). And I'm pretty sure, IRL, a war-ready airbase can have 20 fighters airborne within 2 minutes of the scramble alert... Might make some aspects of the game more 'realistic', but then Defcon always seemed to me to be a game, not a sim... Messing too much with a good game's parameters just makes it a less good game, often... (IMHO)

SpitJock
***EDIT***
PS - would like to apologise for bumping a very old thread. I'll try to take more notice of "last post" data in future. And I'm new to the forum - I didn't know a reply would bump it to the top again.... Lesson learned!
***EDIT***

Return to “Mod Projects”