Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

blackwhitehawk
level2
level2

landattack and defconchange

Postby blackwhitehawk » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:09 am

Dunblas wrote:This is my idea about ingame-changes
If you think you want to change something, feel free to post, especially about the Italic parts, cause i don't really know what to do with those

------------------------------------

Here are the things i'd like to see changed in the Defcons
New Health:
- 1 New Health = 0.5 old Health
-->so nukes now do 2 Damage to cities and installation, so do the anti-air-bullets
-->Silo's have 6 health instead of 3 and the rest doubles too

Defcon 5:
-from now on you can place:
-->the normal stuff, which must be placed before Defcon 1, with some changes
-->two different land "vehicles" and bunkers, which must be placed before Defcon 4:
---->Anti-Aircraft (AA)(displayed as a patriot, health:1, able to shoot down aircraft but not the nukes, no ground defence)
---->Military Squad (MS)(displayed as a tank, health:2, no air defence)
---->Bunkers (Bu)(as powerful as a MS, but health:4 or 5, only ground defence, long range due artillery placed within, but not able to atk cities)
-->the normal stuff, which must be placed before Defcon 2 (instead of 3), with some changes:
---->Silo's will have the same abbillities as bunkers
-All buildings will have a own small territory around it, but you won't be able to place other units or buildings in this territory(this will be explained later)
-If a territory on land (so not in the ocean) is 2 coloured, it's no-ones territory.

Defcon 4:
-From now on you are able to move:
-->Fighters, but only the ones from the airports and only half the arsenal. You wont be able to atk any sea units, but they will be able to shoot you
-->AA within your territory
-->MS to enemy territory
---->If a MS reaches a city, it will stay there for about 60 sec, then it will lose 1 health due resistance, but you will gain both the city (and people) and the territory around it(and parts of the ocean if close to it).
------> Cities close to eachother will have little territory, cities close to nothing will have big ones.
------>Cities will not have overlapping territories
------>If a MS captures a city (and territory) you'll be able to build any other units, except for AA, MS and Bu, since you had to build them before Defcon 4.
------>You will also be able to move your AA into the territory, but if the enemy conquers that territory it will automaticly move towards your closest available territory.
----> If a MS destroyes a bunker, silo, radar or Airport (you are not able to capture) it will lose it's territory around it.

Defcon 3:
-Full scale Naval war
-Rest of the fighters becomes available

Defcon 2:
-All units must be placed

Defcon 1:
-All MS's and bunkers will have no further use and that's why they will disappear from the map, unless they are attacking something, then they will disappear, when they are done or destroyed
-THERMONUCLIAR WAR

--------------------------------------------------
Coral just gave my another idea to add in this one:

Special Type of Battleship:
The Cruiser
-2 modes, 30 sec to switch between the modes
-->Attack
-->Coast Attack
---->Attacks with new bullets (non heat-seeking, displayed as a hollow dot)
---->Only able to attack on land
----> Will be vulnerable to bunkers and silo's

--------------------------------------------------
This is my idea about ingame-changes
If you think you want to change something, feel free to post, especially about the Italic parts, cause i don't really know what to do with those
[/b]

Any modders out there have any idea if you can make any of these changes like a map or models.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:28 am

Most of what you suggest is impossible to mod as Defcon currently stands. Sorry.

xander
blackwhitehawk
level2
level2

Postby blackwhitehawk » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:49 pm

I know this, That is why I asked if someone. thinks they could make models or maybe a map.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:08 pm

Models and maps are not going to change the gameplay in such ways as you requested, hence why xander told you its not currently possible.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Freebo
level1
level1

Postby Freebo » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:57 pm

you could try and make your own game i gess..
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:07 pm

Basically, Freebo's suggestion would be a lot easier than modding DEFCON like that, yeah
blackwhitehawk
level2
level2

Postby blackwhitehawk » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:29 pm

zanzer7 wrote:Basically, Freebo's suggestion would be a lot easier than modding DEFCON like that, yeah

actally makeing your own game would be much harder. And once people find a way to mod this or they give us moding tools this should be able to be done.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:56 pm

blackwhitehawk wrote:
zanzer7 wrote:Basically, Freebo's suggestion would be a lot easier than modding DEFCON like that, yeah

actally makeing your own game would be much harder. And once people find a way to mod this or they give us moding tools this should be able to be done.

I think you greatly overestimate the amount of stuff that IV is both willing and able to open up for modding.

xander
blackwhitehawk
level2
level2

Postby blackwhitehawk » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:06 pm

xander wrote:
blackwhitehawk wrote:

I think you greatly overestimate the amount of stuff that IV is both willing and able to open up for modding.

xander

I might i am use to games that give you moding tools. I hope IV would do the same but some company just do not want to give user that much. Which to me seems kinda sad. As mods are the only thing that keep me buying games that company makes.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:10 pm

blackwhitehawk wrote:I might i am use to games that give you moding tools. I hope IV would do the same but some company just do not want to give user that much. Which to me seems kinda sad. As mods are the only thing that keep me buying games that company makes.

If you would like some idea of what is likely to be possible in Defcon, I would suggest that you have a look at Darwinia. There are only a limited set of things that you can do -- you can create new levels, change sprites and shapes around, but you can't really change the basic abilities of the various units, and you cannot add new units. I would imagine that Defcon is much the same.

xander
kaikai
level1
level1

Postby kaikai » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:13 pm

problem, units dont have health in defcon, AT ALL.
they all have one HP and the computer randomly decides if the shot hurts the target or not based upon values of the object being hit with the unit that is shooting at it.
its why you sometimes see a nuke take a million hits and then hit its target, and sometimes the nuke blows on the first shot that hits it.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:01 pm

Unless Introversion release the source code, not much modding of this nature will be feasible.
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
blackwhitehawk
level2
level2

Postby blackwhitehawk » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:02 pm

kaikai wrote:problem, units dont have health in defcon, AT ALL.
they all have one HP and the computer randomly decides if the shot hurts the target or not based upon values of the object being hit with the unit that is shooting at it.
its why you sometimes see a nuke take a million hits and then hit its target, and sometimes the nuke blows on the first shot that hits it.

I know this.

xander wrote:If you would like some idea of what is likely to be possible in Defcon, I would suggest that you have a look at Darwinia. There are only a limited set of things that you can do -- you can create new levels, change sprites and shapes around, but you can't really change the basic abilities of the various units, and you cannot add new units. I would imagine that Defcon is much the same.

Are you 100% sure that no one in darwinia has been able to add anything new in there. I have not played the game so I do not think I could give a good guess on that game. But surely somone should have found a way.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:12 pm

blackwhitehawk wrote:But surely somone should have found a way.

Not really, I'm afraid :roll:
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.

xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:45 pm

blackwhitehawk wrote:Are you 100% sure that no one in darwinia has been able to add anything new in there. I have not played the game so I do not think I could give a good guess on that game. But surely somone should have found a way.

I could count on the fingers of one hand the number of people who have more experience with the modding system of Darwinia, and better knowledge of it, than I. I know what is possible, and what is not possible, and like to inflate my own ego by presuming that I found some neat tricks that no one else though of (or at least, I managed to implement them first). I speak from experience.

xander

Return to “Mod Projects”