"Kanji" Mod

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

cmn
level0

"Kanji" Mod

Postby cmn » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:05 pm

Hi there (First post FTW)

I've done a small (very small) mod that changes the icons at the bottom of the page to Japanese Kanji.

I think it looks pretty cool although it could probably do with some work... anyhow, it's part of a larger anime-themed mod me and a friend have on the go at the moment. comments/suggestions/etc welcome as always. :)

[edit] "£$^"^£$ free webhosts =x

updated links : http://tg-online.webteks.co.uk/kanji.zip for teh download, http://tg-online.webteks.co.uk/ss.png for the screenshot
Tricycle21
level2
level2

Forgive me for my English!! (So I have to finish studying)

Postby Tricycle21 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:48 pm

Interesting.
But I have some opinions as a Japanese person

Units: 'Butai' good.

Allies: 'Renmei' very good. Can also be 'Rengou'

Comms: 'Dentatsu' not bad but 'Tsuushin' is better

Scores: 'Senreki' very good. *In Japan 'scores' often translated to 'Tokuten'

Radar: 'Dentan' I'm a little surprised you chose that word; Almost all Japanese would write radar 'Re-da-' in Katakana

People: 'Jintou'??? 'Jinkou' is right for the use; I think some Japanese wouldn't understand 'Jintou'

Orders: 'Shirei' perfect.

Territory: 'Kuiki' perfect, too.

Nukes: 'Genbaku' while it's still a painful word for Japanese, you chose the perfect word

Info: 'Houkoku' most Japanese will understand it correctly, but 'Jouhou' is better

P.S. I'm working a small(perhaps major) mod that changes the context of the tutorial.
samdude9
level1
level1

Postby samdude9 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:25 pm

This mod looks cool, I'm using it!
Would you mind if I added it to one of my own creations / first creation called 'blended community' which is basically a load of community mods all in one? (credits will, most deffinately be given)
cmn
level0

Postby cmn » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:04 pm

Samdude9: Thanks, and sure thing! Anyone is free to use it in any projects they're doing.

Tricycle21: I was a little bit unsure of some of those, thanks for the advice :) I will change them as soon as I get the chance (although I'm gonna be busy this weekend). I was originally going to write reedaa rather than dentan but to keep the look consistent I decided to go with the Kanji instead.

(the fact I have a native Nihonjin complementing my choice of words in a mod based on the Japanese language sorta gives me fresh confidence in my JLPT 2-kyuu which I have coming up soon ;))
samdude9
level1
level1

Postby samdude9 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:57 pm

Great! I might just turn it into an eastern world mod...maybe.
Anyway what would be Über would be if you extended it so the text is on the units as well, like the text mod, that would be cool!
samdude9

Return to “Mod Projects”