more songs about bombers and fighters

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

postrodent
level1
level1

more songs about bombers and fighters

Postby postrodent » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:31 am

So everyone's probably sick of this by now, but I thought I'd post some alternative fighter/bomber graphics.

I originally started tinkering with Cold War and experimental aircraft graphics, but the details I put in didn't really show up in-game; instead, they made the units look muddy and indistinct. Plus, there was no way to get some of my favorite skinny aircraft (XB-70, F-104) to look right, and big enough, in a 128 by 128 pixel square. And anyway, Kinping, Useful Dave and XF Clohvn have basically sewn up that side of the game. :)

So instead, I decided to do more stylized images. I started out with an image of the F-104, and squished it into the square of available space, making it much more generic -- you could mistake it for a dozen later-generation fighters. But then it didn't look right next to the polygonal Introversion bomber, so I sort of crossed the Space Shuttle with the XB-70 and named the resulting delta-wing bomber the 'XB-77'.

And here they are in action: Image

Anyway, the files are at http://pixels.furiousbees.com/defcon/f104-like/ (fighter) and http://pixels.furiousbees.com/defcon/xb77/ (bomber).

Now I'm thinking I'd like to do something else in a kind of futuristic vein. Other than the Space mod, which seems to have a good core of people working on it, are any more science-fictiony mod projects in development?
djdemo
level1
level1

Postby djdemo » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:04 pm

These are nice, and generic enough to look suitable for any of the six regions.
furtim
level2
level2

Postby furtim » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:06 pm

Yeah, awesome replacement graphics. Very clear and pretty without being overcomplicated. ;) I especially like the fighter sprite. Maybe even better than the stock ones.
postrodent
level1
level1

Postby postrodent » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:52 pm

Ta very much. :) There's more stuff in that same directory, but these are really the best.

The original fighter was the only discordant note in the base graphics...
blackwhitehawk
level2
level2

Postby blackwhitehawk » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:38 am

very nice bomber and fighter.

Return to “Mod Projects”