Tool: DEFCON CoastlineDrawer

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:05 pm

Hmm ... So you're able to reproduce the error?
Does this happen with every custom map you try to load?
Could you by any chance describe the steps you take to produce the error? (If not here then in an email or PM) ~ You don't have to, but I'd appreciate if you would :roll:
Spacemonkey
level4
level4

Postby Spacemonkey » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:42 pm

What is the size of the map you are trying to load, i'm guessing the program can only support one size of map.
Isoeph
level0

Postby Isoeph » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:43 pm

The Image I'm trying to load is below:

First I open the Tool and it shows Earth (from the main.dat since I deleted the map.bmp that is the default one) and then go File -> Load Map. Then I type in the Path to the file (c:\games\defcon\data\graphics\myMap.bmp) which is the same dimensions as the original map.bmp (512x285x16Million Colours(24-bit PS)).

Now I was able to duplicate the issue over and over again, but did find a work around (after my internet connection died last night I wasn't able to post this work around till now), which is to have the map.bmp file with my new map. That way the tool auto-loads it on startup 100% ok. So while I can't manually load a map file I can work around by naming any file I like to map.bmp (as long as its a Graphic of course :)) and the program seems to load it ok.

Here is the JPEG version of the BMP I was trying to load (I resaved it so I could post it here.)

I have to say that Vectoring my Map is going to be very painstaking.
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:43 pm

No, there should (theoretically) not be any limit to the size of the loaded image, as it is just stretched/shrunk to fit the window.

Return to “Mod Projects”