Mod List

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

denzil
level2
level2

Mod List

Postby denzil » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:05 pm

Anyone oppose to making a big list of modifications for Defcon, be them graphical overhauls, sound changes or gameplay modifications (in the future). It'd be nice to have links to their individual threads, download links and screenshots.

Possibly even a bit for suggestions for modifications, or a bit where people can put their names down to work on a small project, them all getting together to work on one of the ideas posted in the list? It's not like they are hard, time consuming modifications!
zach
level5
level5

Re: Mod List

Postby zach » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:24 pm

denzil wrote:Anyone oppose to making a big list of modifications for Defcon, be them graphical overhauls, sound changes or gameplay modifications (in the future). It'd be nice to have links to their individual threads, download links and screenshots.
*cough*http://defcongame.tk*cough* :rolleyes:

As for suggestions, well ... I think these forums work just fine for that as it is. Maybe in a few weeks, it'd have to be taken somewhere else, but I personally think this place works properly for now :)
denzil
level2
level2

Postby denzil » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:28 pm

Oh, disregard this thread then! Delete/Purge or whatever :)
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:28 am

that's not right, the modlist for darwinia was a great hit - a forum list is so much more convenient.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:03 pm

Zanzer, could you do me a favor? If you already have a forum post explaining where your mod list is, could you please PM a link to NeoThermic and request that he sticky it? If not, could you create such a thread, then PM NeoThermic, and request that he sticky it. I don't work for IV, and am not intimate with NeoThermic, but a central listing of mods is very useful, and I am sure that he would be more than happy to make that easily available.

martin: The Darwinia modlist is also hosted offsite, by hitm4n. It is no different. The only real difference is that hitm4n's post is stickied, so everyone can easily find it.

xander
denzil
level2
level2

Postby denzil » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:45 pm

Have been talking with zanzer about this, I made a Modding Team thread where people seem to be ganging up for some mod work and i'll likely link this thread (once it has been updated), or another if someone makes one with all mod info
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:16 pm

xander wrote:Zanzer, could you do me a favor? If you already have a forum post explaining where your mod list is, could you please PM a link to NeoThermic and request that he sticky it?
So what, just a thread saying there's a modlist on the site? Or also stuff about tools etc.?
I never saw the Darwinia modlist, so I'm not entirely sure what'd work :roll:
denzil
level2
level2

Postby denzil » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:22 pm

Big list of all the commands in configs and what they do, benefits (if any) of changing et cetera

Tutorials on how to make everything, we all learnt from trial and error, will help to explain how we got it all working
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:24 pm

Yeah, but that should be on the site, right?

What should be in the thread?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:41 pm

zanzer7 wrote:
xander wrote:Zanzer, could you do me a favor? If you already have a forum post explaining where your mod list is, could you please PM a link to NeoThermic and request that he sticky it?
So what, just a thread saying there's a modlist on the site? Or also stuff about tools etc.?
I never saw the Darwinia modlist, so I'm not entirely sure what'd work :roll:

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/darwin ... php?t=2716

xander
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:46 pm

I see.

I'll add a modlist section to the site, and then post a thread about it. Thanks :)
Rotluchs
level1
level1

Postby Rotluchs » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:55 pm

STICKY PLEASE... If this is where all the mod links will go, well, sticky would be sweet. :)
denzil
level2
level2

Postby denzil » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:56 pm

Am getting around to making the list, been doing some graphics this evening sorry!
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:18 pm

I'll make a list on my site, darwiniamodlist-style :roll:

Return to “Mod Projects”