Mod: Defcon meets Uplink. GhostHack.

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

0Avatar0
level1
level1

Mod: Defcon meets Uplink. GhostHack.

Postby 0Avatar0 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:30 pm

Hi, although this is my first post, I have been lurking here for quite some time. I figured this would be a great place to get some feed back and hopefully some volunteers to help work on a mod I am developing. I am an interactive media (Computer games) and ‘mediascape’ developer by day, so the project is more then ‘wishful thinking.’

I aim to create a total mod for Defcon, that is inspired by Shirow Masamue’s ‘Ghost in the shell’ series, Uplink and Darwinia, changing Defcon from a nuclear war game to a ‘Cyber brain hacking’ simulation. The work in progress title for this mod is ‘Defcon: Ghost Hack.’

Click here to see concept art and find out more:
http://www.winterstatic.com/Ghosthack/

I would love to hear all your ideas and suggestions. Good or bad! Thanks.
PhantomTa2
level2
level2

Postby PhantomTa2 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:38 pm

I don't have any suggestions that could be considered worthwhile, as I'm pretty much a dumbass, but I'd like to say that from what I've seen of the page, it seems like it's well thought out. Would be worth trying out, definitely.
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Chris » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:42 pm

That is fantastic. And quite do-able as well, I think.

Another great idea we've had at IV for a total conversion would be to make Defcon into a space battle game. So cities become planets, Battleships become massive space ships, subs become cloaked vessels, airbases become space stations etc. How cool would that be?
Cybernetik
level0

Postby Cybernetik » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:44 pm

Wow, awesome.
Just awesome.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:44 pm

cool idea there, total conversion! If anyone is not doing the space thign I'm gonna give that a go.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:46 pm

Tell you what, Chris, I've already thought on that. And I'm working on it. But no, it hasn't progressed much from the sketches.

Please, Chris! Can I do that one? :D

EDIT: Sorry, forgot the topic itself. It's very cool, but I don't really see how you could possibly call that a hacking game...

Jelco

PS: I think many people here would love a special Mods forum. Darwinia had one.
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
TheSquire
level3
level3

Postby TheSquire » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:00 pm

Chris wrote:That is fantastic. And quite do-able as well, I think.

Another great idea we've had at IV for a total conversion would be to make Defcon into a space battle game. So cities become planets, Battleships become massive space ships, subs become cloaked vessels, airbases become space stations etc. How cool would that be?

Now that would be awesome!
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:09 pm

I re-read your webpage, and I must say I'm quite interested. I am, however already working on a galactic mod myself, but working on specific parts is no problem. My 'experience' is particularly the language and the cities files. So you give me your maps, and I place the neurons :D !

Do consider if you like!

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:28 pm

jelco the galactaboy wrote:I re-read your webpage, and I must say I'm quite interested. I am, however already working on a galactic mod myself, but working on specific parts is no problem. My 'experience' is particularly the language and the cities files. So you give me your maps, and I place the neurons :D !

Do consider if you like!

Jelco

well Jelco, I've started on some graphics for the space mod, so if you're making some maps shall we combine our work?

Also how do I use the new graphics?
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:33 pm

Please mail me at jelco.galactaboy@gmail.com if you'd like to work together. I don't really like PM's and a topic would be open to anyone...

I'd love to work on it, but I'm awaiting confirmation from IV. Since it's an idea Chris came up with himself, I though maybe he'd like to select people himself. Until that moment, we can work on it anyway, but not publish it.

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
Thomas
level1
level1

Postby Thomas » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:23 pm

Wow, cool idea. I'm going to keep an eye on this! :D
Greetings Professor Falken.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:16 pm

Sounds awesome. If I was any help at all (which I doubt,) and I hadn't just gone back to uni, I'd help. :D
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Chris » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:01 pm

I wouldn't have posted the idea at all if I didn't want other people working on it :) Go ahead and get started.
Lionel Mandrake
level2
level2

Postby Lionel Mandrake » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:22 pm

Though my own... ahem... artistic or programming skill is nil for all intents and purposes, I can provide support and enthusiasm for either modification in whatever way I am able!

...Shall I cheer, or bring the tea?
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:52 pm

martin wrote:
jelco the galactaboy wrote:I re-read your webpage, and I must say I'm quite interested. I am, however already working on a galactic mod myself, but working on specific parts is no problem. My 'experience' is particularly the language and the cities files. So you give me your maps, and I place the neurons :D !

Do consider if you like!

Jelco

well Jelco, I've started on some graphics for the space mod, so if you're making some maps shall we combine our work?

Also how do I use the new graphics?

ok, I'll try to mail you - but Gmail seems to be v e r y s l o w so I may wait until tomorrow.

Return to “Mod Projects”