2 Paid Accounts in Same House, Log in Problems

Technical Support for all Defcon related issues

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Delaveishi
level0

2 Paid Accounts in Same House, Log in Problems

Postby Delaveishi » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:19 pm

My roommate and I both downloaded the standalone version of the game last week and paid for our own keys. Everything worked fine. This week when I got home I logged in and went to create a server for us to play. It would not let him join in. In fact in any game we could not join in together. We then noticed that it changes his screen name to mine and when I quit the game it logs him out.

We are on separate computers and connected to a linksys wrt54g router.

We both have our own purchased keys from the www.everybody-dies.com website, not steam

One computer runs windows XP, the other Windows 7 64 bit and nothing has been changed since we last played.
Delaveishi
level0

UPDATE - STILL NOT WORKING

Postby Delaveishi » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:04 am

I uninstalled my game thinking that might be it. he was in playing and I went back in, put my key in and it thinks I am him. Whoever logs in second, with their OWN KEY, takes the username as the other person. It will not allow us in the same games and if someone is already in one it will kick them out if you go to spectate.

Again this was not a problem last week when we bought the game. We bought game same night from the same site and yes we are using our own keys, no way they got messed up. We even logged in and checked the game and both keys are different.

I cannot find a way to email admin, need to get this fixed or its a waste of money
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:07 am

The only explanation I can think of is that your router isn't properly separating the two connections so the servers you connect to must think it's one and the same connection. It's very odd, the WRTs are widespread and usually quite reliable. For troubleshooting, could you two connect to one of my servers? Their names start with "DedCon Test". Then tell me when and on which server and under which names you tried, and I'll have a look at the logs.
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:01 pm

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Not in the default configuration, but that's just for spectating and the spectator gets a regular kick. Two players from the same IP should work fine and is allowed. Neither should do this weird stuff. Your name only gets overwritten if you reconnect, either really or triggered artificially by the JoinAs command.

Return to “Windows Troubleshooting”