Defcon runs really slow - (Solution found !)

Technical Support for all Defcon related issues

Moderator: Defcon moderators

rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:32 pm

Little bump here...

Good thing I found this thread! I had ap. the same problem as Aky did. Defcon run quite alright, but CPU usage was always near 50% (given I have Hyper-Threading on, I guess it's the same as 100%). It didn't affect almost anything (could watch a movie, convert smth and play Defcon, like the CPU was absolutely free) but cooler on the CPU (or probably it was one on GPU :? ) was working like mad. I mean _really_ loud. I suffered from this shit pretty long (was too lazy to search for solutiuon).

Installing 91.47 drivers (I don't even remember which I had before :P) solved the problem absolutely: CPU usage is now around 8% and there's almost no noise at all :D

Many thanks for Aky for finding a quick solution :D :D

EDIT:
lol, I guess I was far too optimistic on this one: it only works fro the main menu, lobby... everywhere besides the game itself... oh well, it's better than nothing :P

EDIT2:
Upon a more carefull testing I found out that it actually worked. CPU usage maxes out only during some in-game moments with lots of thing going on and it's not an issue really :)
muaddib.5g
level1
level1

Postby muaddib.5g » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:23 pm

ain't work.

Return to “Windows Troubleshooting”