Trouble With Screen

Technical Support for all Defcon related issues

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Der Fuhrer Richtofen
level1
level1

Trouble With Screen

Postby Der Fuhrer Richtofen » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:16 pm

Hello, Der Fuhrer Richtofen here, I would like to address an issue that has just started to plague me. I have been forced to revert to a windowed screen in my DEFCON Game, while it has been set to it's maximum settings, the screen of DEFCON appears to be out of proportions on my computer, which causes an issue that interferes with this gameplay, I would appreciate whatever help could be given at the moment, I am currently operating on an Dell: Inspiron 15, 7000 Series.
trickser
level5
level5

Re: Trouble With Screen

Postby trickser » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:06 am

Hi,
did you play with the ingame options for resolution and windowed mode?
Those options can also be changed by editing preferences.txt file. It might allow you to set the values arbitrarily, like (your screen width) x (screen height - taskbar size - window decoration).
I dont know where you can find it exactly but it should be next to your authkey file, just use the file search to locate them.
Der Fuhrer Richtofen
level1
level1

Postby Der Fuhrer Richtofen » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:28 pm

trickser wrote:Hi,
did you play with the ingame options for resolution and windowed mode?
Those options can also be changed by editing preferences.txt file. It might allow you to set the values arbitrarily, like (your screen width) x (screen height - taskbar size - window decoration).
I dont know where you can find it exactly but it should be next to your authkey file, just use the file search to locate them.

Yes, I have played the Ingame Options for Resolution, but the problem is that the screen remains entirely out of proportions, when playing with max settings, my screen is still out of proportions.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:05 pm

Screenshot?

Return to “Windows Troubleshooting”