Key Authentication Failed

Technical Support for all Defcon related issues

Moderator: Defcon moderators

got pwn3d?
level0

Key Authentication Failed

Postby got pwn3d? » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:41 am

I have purchased DEFCON through STEAM on 10-4-06, then uninstalled STEAM, and then reinstalled it, only to find my authentication has failed and I am a demo user. What gives? I have my steam purchase ticket just in case, anyone help me?
Cheesecake?
level2
level2

Postby Cheesecake? » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:42 am

I also just bought Defcom off of steam, and I have the same problem.
I tried reinstalling several times, then I went to the steamwebsite. I followed their instructions, and I changed Defcom to the same ports as steam (as they had in the support.) However, the steam authentication still failed, and I imagine if I'm using the same ports as steam (which does work online) that I should be able to get through, and it should not fail. I tried the deletion of the auth. key, also like steam suggested, and this did not work either.

I also have proof of purchase if you need it.
Slinken
level2
level2

Postby Slinken » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:20 pm

Tried to mail Steam and check if they have any other sollution? *Happy beacuse I bought it from IV*
Cheesecake?
level2
level2

Postby Cheesecake? » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:54 am

I have not contacted Steam directly (Because I hate dealing with any kind of Customer Support, for usually it takes too long to prove you tried obvious solutions, and everytime you get switched to a different person the same thing happens. E-mails are pretty much the same story.) I made an account on the Steam Forums, but I can't post until a moderator validates it, so I'm waiting for that.

I tried a few more things I found on the steam forums (deleting certian files such as clientregistry.blob.) I tried changing the ports used to connect, but that didn't yield any successes.

I'm hoping that someone else here might know what to do. If this forum (or the Steam Forum, which I still can't post in) won't be able to help me, I guess its down to calling/emailing Steam.
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:19 pm

The best thing to do at this point is probably to write a message at http://www.introversion.co.uk/contactus/index.html Product Type Defcon, Query Type: General Enquiries .
The Ultimate Uplink Guide (for any question on Uplink)
Latest Uplink Patch

Return to “Windows Troubleshooting”