2 player on LAN

Technical Support for all Defcon related issues

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Neuroleptic
level1
level1

2 player on LAN

Postby Neuroleptic » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:01 pm

is it possible that actually two players can play against on LAN with one key-licence?

i haven't tried it so far and maybe this question has been answered before. if yes, let me know and delete this post 8)
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:06 pm

Legal, nice and happy solution: If you've only got two players you could simply use one with the lisence and one with the demo.

You seem to be able to use any settings at all on a server with a demo player, so long as they're on 'default' when they connect.

Not so legal and happy solution: Use some means of blocking the internet and your imagination.
kikinchaz
level2
level2

Postby kikinchaz » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:27 pm

Ridiculous to have a game that cannot be run on the same key on LAN mode. Its just irritating and begging for more money. Yes i know the game is cheap but all modern games have lan on one key modes. It should definatly be added in a patch if it isnt already in the game.

ChaZ
Neuroleptic
level1
level1

Postby Neuroleptic » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:53 pm

thank you, im happy playing only against my friend, then demo mode should work fine!

but a lan only mode would be nice but i wonder if it would force too many illegal copys. but the price for defcon is more than fair and im happy i bought it *smile*

greets, marc
kipper_308
level1
level1

Postby kipper_308 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:12 pm

kikinchaz wrote:Ridiculous to have a game that cannot be run on the same key on LAN mode. Its just irritating and begging for more money. Yes i know the game is cheap but all modern games have lan on one key modes. It should definatly be added in a patch if it isnt already in the game.

ChaZ

The game can be run on LAN with 1 key. The demo client is the same as the game client, just without the key entered. The only real limitation is only 1 person can join the hosted game. So, in effect, it's like most games in the past which let a limited number of copies play together with the same key. Read: Battlefield 1942, Tiberian Sun, etc.
"Time is an illusion... lunchtime doubly so..." - Ford Prefect, The Hitchikers Guite to the Galaxy.

Return to “Windows Troubleshooting”