Moderator: Defcon moderators

MadSeven
level2
level2

Postby MadSeven » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:03 am

xander wrote:
MadSeven wrote:
xander wrote:
MadSeven wrote: I do understand they cannot reply to every topic in the forum, but a listing somewhere should be possible...

xander

A list? Bullets? Simple? Quick?
*sighs*

In the past, such lists have existed. Look at the stickied posts in the Darwinia tech support forums -- several of them are from the beta. I don't think that IV will ever put together such a list, but if you were to do so, it would be a great service to the community. I would do it, but (a) I don't have time to administer it and (b) I can't even play Defcon at the moment.

xander

I would not mind making the list, but I would need IV to confirm what is considered a bug, and what is in their current scope for fixing...
So, hear the voice in the void; if IV provides can confirm what is and what is not an issue, I will happily keep track of it...
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:59 pm

MadSeven wrote:I would not mind making the list, but I would need IV to confirm what is considered a bug, and what is in their current scope for fixing...
So, hear the voice in the void; if IV provides can confirm what is and what is not an issue, I will happily keep track of it...

In that case, you need to accept the fact that you unlikely to ever hear from IV. I have seen Chris post in maybe half a dozen bug reports for Darwinia or Defcon in the last two years. In all of those cases, it was because the bug was poorly understood, and/or causing a lot of controversy. In general, other bugs went uncommented upon, and got fixed. Again, you are just going to have to accept that Chris is very unllikey to comment on any specific bug.

xander
Analog Kid
level0

Postby Analog Kid » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:18 am

Any update on this bug? It was first reported over 2 years ago ...

I just encountered this bug in the Mac version after buying a new router.

I consider the response to bug reports by software companies when I'm considering a new game. If a company has a poor record of leaving bugs unfixed, I am unlikely to buy new games from them. Conversely, I'm confident in buying 1.0 releases of games from companies with excellent records of supporting their games and keeping up with bug fixes.

Has this bug been fixed in the Windows version? If so, I will take it the issue to Ambrosia for them to update the Mac version. (I assume the code remains available to Ambrosia.)
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:31 am

There is an option in the Options/Network submenu about Portforwarding. Never used it, but if its not for this, then i dont know what else its supposed to do.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:41 am

In theory, the port forwarding option in Defcon's network setup should work around this. Its function should be, as far as I'm informed, to advertise the game to the metaserver with the port you configured, no matter from which port the metaserver sees you coming from (and apparently, as soon as you enable port forwarding on your router, it avoids letting any connection leave to the internet from the forwarded ports). Apparently, that is not working. There's two things you can try: disable port forwarding on the router and rely on the matchmaking protocol which should cope with NATs, or you can try hosting a game with Dedcon, having the config option PortForwarding there set.

Return to “Windows Troubleshooting”