CONCAVE silo defense

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

AIRburst95
level3
level3

Re: AIRBUSRT

Postby AIRburst95 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:15 pm

Dävid wrote:...and: EUROPE, BERING STRAIGHT, ARGENTINA? HUH? The example given was AFRICA RUSSIA. The CONCAVE would be diferent for EUROPE AFRICA which I often use to good effect. Sending you subs that way would be in danger of losing to the timer especially since EUR-AFR is usually an offloading game on cities with EURs SILOs high in SCANDANAVIA.

um... what?

Dävid
level2
level2

CONCAEVE

Postby Dävid » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:06 pm

OK guys CONCAEVE it is...dont worry, Im about the only noob to use it :-)
Dävid
level2
level2

OOOPS

Postby Dävid » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:10 pm

Wrong example but the same principle applies. Youll find the CONCAEVE annoyingly difficult to scout in the standard attack and youll loose time and untis in trying. It provides good airsupport for fleets and provide a wide and concetrated defense for blind launches.

I can just say it has served me well in games where Ive been looking for something diferent to shake things up. Dont use it! Its not worth it! Honest :-)
Dävid
level2
level2

EXAMPLE

Postby Dävid » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:07 pm

Here is a good example of the CONCAEVE in use...for educational purposes only!

[url]
http://sfcon.demoszenen.de/dcrec/2012-1 ... _10.36.zip
[/url]
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:16 am

Hmmm...was just wondering but does anyone contest me claiming the CONCAVE silo set-up as my own?
I dont think I saw anyone using it before me.

lolz.

Perhaps I should claim the house I'm renting as my own, given I didn't see anyone using it before me.
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:18 pm

Is it CONCAEVE or Concave? and who is the player that created this silo placement? I have an idea for propaganda,but I need to understand how effective it is in combat,I will try it out on my own,but any help I would apperciate.

LHH
Dävid
level2
level2

CONCAEVE

Postby Dävid » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:07 pm

Just PM me when you have time for a game. Would love to have a poster from you anyhow ;-)
All the Best
Admiral Edwards,
Albert Einstein,
Aunt Ethel,
Atomic Energy,
Angry Elf,
Absolute Evil,
Arch Engel,

Artificial Elegance
D ae vid
If its AE; its ME.
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Re: CONCAEVE

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:29 am

Dävid wrote:Just PM me when you have time for a game. Would love to have a poster from you anyhow ;-)
All the Best
Admiral Edwards,
Albert Einstein,
Aunt Ethel,
Atomic Energy,
Angry Elf,
Absolute Evil,
Arch Engel,

Artificial Elegance
D ae vid

I know most of those call signs from battles I lost. I think there was only one time when I came close to a tie with you. Looking at art now for the "Concaeve silo defense system" and it would be great to do some propaganda with one of those call signs. Thank you I will pm when I can get a game.

LHH
Dävid
level2
level2

AE

Postby Dävid » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:05 am

...if its AE its ME. ;-)
If its AE; its ME.
- Tobias -
level3
level3

Postby - Tobias - » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:13 pm

Ahh. Symmetry. Concave, as you likely know, is a relative term; it carries with it an orientational implication. What's concave to you may be convex to me. Do you consistently orient the curvature of the concave/convex pattern to the same thing? Your presumed opponent silos, naval threat(s), your cities?

My only observation is that it seems to lack any potential for AA fire on top of itself, so as to confuse crude scouting attempts (seeking traces for blind silo nuking). Most set-ups lack this as well, and at best it is only partially effective anyway (dependent as it is on the scout angle of approach), so this is not a fatal flaw.
Dävid
level2
level2

Tobias

Postby Dävid » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:42 am

The ConcAEve is set up to the line of attack. Works good for capturing those scouting fighters. often the outer silos confuse the scout attempt. Anything flying in the middle of the focus is dead. This isnt a PRO set up...but its a nice variation and is just worth mentioning. Youll see me use it quite often in my games, so watch the replay and decide for yourself.
If its AE; its ME.

Return to “Strategic Air Command”