Page 1 of 1
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:51 am
I have some questions about Defcon:
1. What is the difference between stacked nukes and unstacked nukes?
2. Is it better to use groups of 3 than 1 or 2? Because I have seen several people, including Senator and F.Y. using groups of 3 and even 4.
3. What should one do if you must leave, but are in a middle of a game?
4. Should you put all your subs on Active Sonar Mode at the beginning of Def. 3?
Please answer them.[/list]
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:21 am
1. Stacked nukes look cool.
2. Groups of 3 is a fantasy of every defcon player.
3. Depends if you are winning or losing.
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:57 am
1. stacked nukes get through AA fire better and are more devastating when they hit target 3-4 at a time
2. I like groups of 3 for battleships - makes good sheild for bombers - depends on map sometimes you just have to spread em
3. Pull out your router socket so it looks like you lagged out
4. depends if you want to be sneaky - sometiems its best to hide
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:15 am
But do stacked nukes actually go through AA better? I cannot think of a reason for why they would.
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:43 am
Stacked don't go through aa "better" but they are more effective, here is why: silos in aa mode are most effective when they can fire numerous times at an incoming nuke. The closer that nuke is to the silo, the fewer shots the silo can take at the nuke. Stacked nukes are the best because when one nuke is destroyed by aa, the other nukes in the group are now closer and will receive less aa fire - nukes that are not staked or timed properly take a step back, i.e., when the first nuke in the group is destroyed and the second nuke in the group is further back then the first, the aa fire has more time/shots to take out the second nuke... same with each subsequent nuke.
nb Moth is an expert at quitting games
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:10 pm
only if im losing