Moderator: Defcon moderators

zoros dog
level2
level2

how to blind nuke silos easily

Postby zoros dog » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:58 am

(this post inspired by mor)

i might post pics later but for now just text. i hope you understand:

this only really works with territories that are right next to each other, or if you have really good radar.

first, just send one fighter into their territory. more are not needed. then just wait for it to die. when it dies, there will still be shots flying in the air from the enemy silos, because the silos will have shot multiple shots at it. so all you have to do is look at where those shots vanish. make note of this place, it is the attack range for the enemy silo. then, use your own silos attack range to determine how far from that point the enemy silos are.

and there you go, u have the exact location of the enemy silos.
Blackbeard
level4
level4

Postby Blackbeard » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:20 pm

YAY. So simple, yet just couldn't see it :lol: .
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Based on the limited number of times I've watched Mrmot make his 'dots', I don't think this is how he does it (though it is pretty simple).
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:39 pm

I thought Mrmot knows the range a gunshot will travel from point fighter entering (radar covered) shooting range till gunshot hits (maybe even range of 2nd and 3rd shot). If I am right, Mrmot can only figure silos his fighter is flying forward to, as bowed gunshots neither give correct direction nor range. Zoros dogs method would always gives right range, but requires some kind of radar.

Btw Did Baton copy Mrmots method?
Mrmot
level4
level4

Postby Mrmot » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:25 pm

trickser wrote:I thought Mrmot knows the range a gunshot will travel from point fighter entering (radar covered) shooting range till gunshot hits (maybe even range of 2nd and 3rd shot). If I am right, Mrmot can only figure silos his fighter is flying forward to, as bowed gunshots neither give correct direction nor range. Zoros dogs method would always gives right range, but requires some kind of radar.

Btw Did Baton copy Mrmots method?

:)

Well, as i showed trick to mvpe, schubi, baton, jon it's time to reveal to whole community.
It is very easy, noticed it watching games in progress. No matter where from fighter enter silos combat range but the first shoot on it will always happen on 3/4 of silos combat range. With 1 fighter you can usually get 100% position of 4 silos (depends how fast you are using whiteboard). Once that fighter is dead you can still get positions of other silos (or check positions of silos you already have) doing the way zorosdog described but keep in mind that aa fire that case does not vanish on edge of silos combat range but some shorter (about 9/10 of it). More then 3 fighters are not needed to get all silo positions. All you need is trigger AA and have some own standard zoom. No matter what zoom size is - it will always happen 3/4 or 9/10 silos combat range. Once you have your "dots" just as first target take some city behind silos to keep them busy while next rounds coming to hit your dots.

Keep in mind that story changes if some noob has not placed radar close to silos.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Weps
level3
level3

Postby Weps » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:36 pm

Mrmot wrote:
Keep in mind that story changes if some noob has not placed radar close to silos.

There ya go Mvpe, I'm a noob. :evil:
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:55 pm

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
jon
level4
level4

Postby jon » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:33 am

It's a real shame this is out of the bag as I can still remember the outrage and bafflement in a tourney game when I did a desperation silo launch and killed 3/3 blind silos of a boss. Especially as he didn't notice until his partner pointed it out.

:D

Mot kindly showed me his fighter method but it is very hard to do properly so I stick with my original method which I developed after mot blind killed 5 of my silos once!
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:05 am

What is your method, Jon ?
cza
level4
level4

Postby cza » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:16 am

Still bored by all this. :P

Return to “Strategic Air Command”