In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

zoros dog
level2
level2

HOw to kill enemy radars and not your own

Postby zoros dog » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:33 pm

more tricks for free on forum for MOR xD

Even if they are on top of each other, if u zoom in, you can kill only the enemy radar and not your own.

Use the target circle, right click with bombers so you can make adjustments without actually sending the nuke off, then you can just set the nuke target (left click) when you have got it right:

the nuke radius has to cover the center of the enemy radar but not the center of your own. the black dots in the pic are the centers.

And here it is:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:36 pm

This is great info, though I usually let the enemy nuke both our radars so I save a nuke. :lol:
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
zoros dog
level2
level2

Postby zoros dog » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:38 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:This is great info, though I usually let the enemy nuke both our radars so I save a nuke. :lol:

i remember u let me do that in one of our 1v1s (russia vs asia random pop i think), but i didn't kill my own radar and you ended up letting mine live, so i saw dozens of your bombers flying around for a while :P i'll check rec
zoros dog
level2
level2

Postby zoros dog » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:53 pm

hahahaha :twisted:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

one more thing this can be used for is shooting down silos more effectively. you can aim INFRONT of the silo, rather than directly on it. this will shorten to flight time (less chance of them being shot down), and change the angle at which they hit the silo (more chance of the silo missing the nuke). i don't do this though, it requires too much micro. mrmot might though :P
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:47 pm

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:17 am

That silo trick is good but I don't see anyone using it: too much micro. It's pretty old one also.

Return to “Strategic Air Command”