3 V 3 survivor - Welcome to the Pwnshop

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Pwnbroker
level2
level2

3 V 3 survivor - Welcome to the Pwnshop

Postby Pwnbroker » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:46 am

Just played a fun game of survivor and it was a lesson in patience and pwng. EU-USSR-ASIA as blue team and NA-SA-AFR as yellow team.

EU stood firm in the atlantic until i brought my fleet south to overwhelm the atlantic. EU sent a small fleet arctic to scout and harass na from above. Asian played for the indian (and lost) placed a defensive force in the pacific, with 3 of my bs placed on eastern perimeter to push east and scout. Asia's navy stayed home on the coast with 2 bb i parked on the coast as additional eyes on the water for subs (at the end of the game i happened to scan over and see 4 carriers loitering about and dispatched them with these 2bb).

A massive atlantic battle had started at def 3. Constant skirmishing but conservative engagement between eu and na. When i arrived from ussr with 12 carriers and 7 bb we beat afr navy and pushed na back along his coast. A significant amount of naval nukage took place in which na was forced south down past cuba. when they were spotted returning north our combined force of fighters and bb pinned them against the coast and crushed them. Asia and Afr battled it out for the indian and asia was defeated. At the same time contact was made by asia of na forces in the pacific. Heavy casualties on both sides and asia pulled back to a defensive position. Intermitent battles would go on until my 2 out of the way bb were the only blue units in the theater. Asian had stayed within restocking range of airbases and was able to drive off all attempts to defeat a much smaller force. When several waves of bombers comes at your navy it makes your blood run cold. He smartly targeted carriers first and dodged and deceived. He was using 2 unit groups which I use most of the time as well and you could see how well it worked for his strategy.

Africa was devastated at Def 1 by a bomber launch that entered the continent from cairo running sw. EU launched some bombers hitting w africa and i launched a diversionary attack from cetral eu south across the mediteranean. That drew the fire and masked my primary force of 20 bombers with limited fighter cover flying in over cairo. Destroyed erything in it's path. Found his airbases launching bombers. That was nice. Afr went dark except for the navy in the indian being used to attack asia

At this point i set up a supply line of my carriers to get fresh fighters out to the front lines. I still had all 12 carriers i made some short bombing runs over africa to cement his point total and then refueled/reloaded before returning to carriers. EU began attacking na with his fleet, asia's subs (in the arctic), my subs in pacific nw, subs in the great lakes and further down the coast. I had scouted with fighters so the costs were high for na. na neutralized.

It seemed prudent to launch some nuclear weapons at this point headed for sao paolo (guarded by 1 silo-remainder placed in central america and nw sa) and east coast of na. My missles rained true and brought down the population on sa significantly I also launched a carrier-based bomber strike inland on hard targets and pop centers (i.e. santiago). When i launched 3 subs popped up in full view of the 2 bombers i had buzzing around. one sub managed to get one shot off. then 2 more popped up from as far north as they could be. managed to get 1 round of shots off. Smartly na had aimed for moscow which fell and then 2 silo shots. Here's a lesson. Make your sub shots count. if you don't have fighter cover and someone lights up all his silos aim for pop centers. If he had hit my three biggest cities it would have been a game. If you don't have fighter cover and don't ping expect to be killed. In this case he knew i had my silos open so he should have targeted cities alone. Might have cost team blue, and me, the game. We will never know.

In the end it was patience that won the day as blue hunkered down and mostly fired back. Remember this was a survivor game. Our silo set was quite tight amongst the 3 allied on eurasia. Very nice for me as ussr. I put up an umbrella and waited for the rain. A good lesson in patience. It's worth taking the time to scout and skirmish in survivor mode. We stated as 3v3 and sa betrayed someone after the game was basically over and was kicked. That did not affect the game.

In the end, team blue carried the day with the top three slots. It was a war of attrition and it was hell. My hats off to brave, stupid airmen of the fighting/fucking/flying 666th airwing who led the charge over cairo and into santiago. Where there were many, now there are few.

A final note on insurance. Insurance = Subs I like to keep a few subs back as insurance. If you lose the naval battle you can fly fighters over their navy and target missle to that location. I have heard it said that it's not if a sub gets used but when. I, as a matter of course do not backstab. I will also not abide by backstabbers if I can help it. Those few subs i tuck away are karmic revision for the neighbor who betrays.

Thus ends my first, last and only game debrief. My contribution to reviving this part of the forum. I learned a lot here when I first started playing.

They don't need to be this long, either.

Pwnbroker
Setai
level1
level1

Postby Setai » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:38 pm

Nice post, that must have been an intense game.
Creating world peace- one nuke at a time.
ScorpionKing
level1
level1

Re: 3 V 3 survivor - Welcome to the Pwnshop

Postby ScorpionKing » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:05 am

Pwnbroker wrote:Just played a fun game of survivor and it was a lesson in patience and pwng. EU-USSR-ASIA as blue team and NA-SA-AFR as yellow team.

EU stood firm in the atlantic until i brought my fleet south to overwhelm the atlantic. EU sent a small fleet arctic to scout and harass na from above. Asian played for the indian (and lost) placed a defensive force in the pacific, with 3 of my bs placed on eastern perimeter to push east and scout. Asia's navy stayed home on the coast with 2 bb i parked on the coast as additional eyes on the water for subs (at the end of the game i happened to scan over and see 4 carriers loitering about and dispatched them with these 2bb).

A massive atlantic battle had started at def 3. Constant skirmishing but conservative engagement between eu and na. When i arrived from ussr with 12 carriers and 7 bb we beat afr navy and pushed na back along his coast. A significant amount of naval nukage took place in which na was forced south down past cuba. when they were spotted returning north our combined force of fighters and bb pinned them against the coast and crushed them. Asia and Afr battled it out for the indian and asia was defeated. At the same time contact was made by asia of na forces in the pacific. Heavy casualties on both sides and asia pulled back to a defensive position. Intermitent battles would go on until my 2 out of the way bb were the only blue units in the theater. Asian had stayed within restocking range of airbases and was able to drive off all attempts to defeat a much smaller force. When several waves of bombers comes at your navy it makes your blood run cold. He smartly targeted carriers first and dodged and deceived. He was using 2 unit groups which I use most of the time as well and you could see how well it worked for his strategy.

Africa was devastated at Def 1 by a bomber launch that entered the continent from cairo running sw. EU launched some bombers hitting w africa and i launched a diversionary attack from cetral eu south across the mediteranean. That drew the fire and masked my primary force of 20 bombers with limited fighter cover flying in over cairo. Destroyed erything in it's path. Found his airbases launching bombers. That was nice. Afr went dark except for the navy in the indian being used to attack asia

At this point i set up a supply line of my carriers to get fresh fighters out to the front lines. I still had all 12 carriers i made some short bombing runs over africa to cement his point total and then refueled/reloaded before returning to carriers. EU began attacking na with his fleet, asia's subs (in the arctic), my subs in pacific nw, subs in the great lakes and further down the coast. I had scouted with fighters so the costs were high for na. na neutralized.

It seemed prudent to launch some nuclear weapons at this point headed for sao paolo (guarded by 1 silo-remainder placed in central america and nw sa) and east coast of na. My missles rained true and brought down the population on sa significantly I also launched a carrier-based bomber strike inland on hard targets and pop centers (i.e. santiago). When i launched 3 subs popped up in full view of the 2 bombers i had buzzing around. one sub managed to get one shot off. then 2 more popped up from as far north as they could be. managed to get 1 round of shots off. Smartly na had aimed for moscow which fell and then 2 silo shots. Here's a lesson. Make your sub shots count. if you don't have fighter cover and someone lights up all his silos aim for pop centers. If he had hit my three biggest cities it would have been a game. If you don't have fighter cover and don't ping expect to be killed. In this case he knew i had my silos open so he should have targeted cities alone. Might have cost team blue, and me, the game. We will never know.

In the end it was patience that won the day as blue hunkered down and mostly fired back. Remember this was a survivor game. Our silo set was quite tight amongst the 3 allied on eurasia. Very nice for me as ussr. I put up an umbrella and waited for the rain. A good lesson in patience. It's worth taking the time to scout and skirmish in survivor mode. We stated as 3v3 and sa betrayed someone after the game was basically over and was kicked. That did not affect the game.

In the end, team blue carried the day with the top three slots. It was a war of attrition and it was hell. My hats off to brave, stupid airmen of the fighting/fucking/flying 666th airwing who led the charge over cairo and into santiago. Where there were many, now there are few.

A final note on insurance. Insurance = Subs I like to keep a few subs back as insurance. If you lose the naval battle you can fly fighters over their navy and target missle to that location. I have heard it said that it's not if a sub gets used but when. I, as a matter of course do not backstab. I will also not abide by backstabbers if I can help it. Those few subs i tuck away are karmic revision for the neighbor who betrays.

Thus ends my first, last and only game debrief. My contribution to reviving this part of the forum. I learned a lot here when I first started playing.

They don't need to be this long, either.

Pwnbroker

I'm going say what most normal people are thinking after reading your post......."You're f***ing nuts and you need companion."
This is not movie story or real life.......but this only a game....
Pwnshopper, you must think about professional psychiatric help!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Pwnbroker
level2
level2

Postby Pwnbroker » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:50 am

Thanks for your thoughts, dickhead. The next time you feel like posting witless bullshit directed at a robust post that someone took some time to write, stop and think. You should ask "am i smart enough?" and "should i spend i this time more wisely, perhaps by getting a vasectomy or taking my own life?". Run along now, perrosito, and bark at someone else.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:28 pm

Good game Pwnbroker :wink:
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:01 pm

(MOR) wrote:Image

Good game Pwnbroker :wink:

:lol: :lol:
Vicious
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Vicious » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:09 pm

Remember people this is just a PUBLIC FORUM :D
Forrest Krunk
level3
level3

Postby Forrest Krunk » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:50 am

TROLL wrote:Remember people this is just a PUBLIC FORUM :D

fixed
Eral
level4
level4

Postby Eral » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:53 am

Hehe gg Pwnie. All big champions have luck. It's a part of the talent :wink:

I was a little astonished when i readed that:

Pwnbroker wrote:If you lose the naval battle you can fly fighters over their navy and target missle to that location. I have heard it said that it's not if a sub gets used but when.

I don't find the topic but there is one, in this section. And this topic written by XXX??? (but thank you to him), said that was possible to use this technical possibility ie: from a sub aim on a onw fighter send to the fight.... So my amazing question now: How do you do it? I tried and tried but....nothing happened. I never was able to do it.

And 2nd beautifull question, to master (MOR) this time: how do you do to refill directly your carriers form an airbase. I have always to "click" near a boat before to redirect them. Don't say me it's impossible. I'm sure i have the screenshots ;)

Eral, -your eternal newbish- :P

tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:00 am

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:11 am

I like my scorpions toasted.

2 questions - 1 answer: drag and drop: target somewhere else, then move your mouse while holding down the key above you carrier/fighter.
Be carefull when moving bombers this way, they will fire thier nukes.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:59 am

Ya, that is the technique as Senator said..
Vicious
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Vicious » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:04 pm

Forrest Krunk wrote:
TROLL wrote:Remember people this is just a PUBLIC FORUM :D

fixed

Hey Krunk nice 1, really u are a funny guy
Forrest Krunk
level3
level3

Postby Forrest Krunk » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:51 am

TROLL wrote:Hey Krunk nice 1, really u are a funny guy
Setai
level1
level1

Postby Setai » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:51 pm

Nice, but can we get a bit more ontopic, or just stop posting in this thread, if the matter is dead?
Creating world peace- one nuke at a time.

Return to “Strategic Air Command”