How to nuke enemy bombers

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

The Mighty Santa
level2
level2

Postby The Mighty Santa » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:52 am

Experiment632 wrote:"Bomber" nuking? Now that is a new one and I am surprised I never thought of that before. That could be useful for United States Versus China. After the naval battle is won, it would be a good idea to patrol the various areas of the Pacific with bombers in nuke mode. This would be even easier if the Pacific is totally yours. In that case, using one or two pairs of bombers (1 bomber in each group is in nuke mode while other in each group is in naval attack mode) Spot enemy bombers, nuke them. The results depend obviously on your opponent. Also this is quite useful if both countries navies totally wiped each other out in the primary naval battle. With two human opponents, this could become the potential to have a nuclear "dog fight" between bombers. Too bad I can't practice THAT last one with the extremely dumb AI.

Actually, it is very good if you are at a disadvantage in a N v S situation, since the enemy bombers will be very tightly clustered. Even 4 empty bombers are worth one nuke. The best example is probably EU vs AF and RU vs AS. The bombers will be tightly clustered (The cities are clustered) so a couple nukes could put a huge dent in the enemy bomber force. Some people (ahem Tom Busch) do senseless fighter nuking against clusters of fighters thinking that 5 fighters is worth one nuke... :roll:
TOM BUSCH-US
level2
level2

hahahaha

Postby TOM BUSCH-US » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:25 am

There have been times when it messed up their scouting completly and wasted their time allowing me to regroup. You play your way and I will play mine!
Deadcows
level2
level2

Postby Deadcows » Sat May 11, 2013 10:03 am

Even 1 fighter is worth 1 nuke if it is going towards your bomber wave.
TOM BUSCH-US
level2
level2

good point

Postby TOM BUSCH-US » Sat May 11, 2013 8:54 pm

Deadcows wrote:Even 1 fighter is worth 1 nuke if it is going towards your bomber wave.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Re: How to nuke enemy bombers

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sat May 11, 2013 11:19 pm

tllotpfkamvpe wrote:Naval nuking, a bit of a black art to some and deadly weapon for others. Some like to use massive carpet bombs (johnthegreek) others use it for defense. In the old days MOR use to cry about it a lot if anyone used naval nuke on him :lol:
Arial nuking bombers is even more fun and impressive, and also widely used. After experimenting a little bit with nuking bombers, I found this little rule to use. Especially when they are trying to do a getaway after attacking your cities.

The spot to nuke is two times distance between the two bombers.

The maximum distance you can reach a getaway bomber is half the nuking range of your bomber. This will even work, with a little adjustment, if the bombers are not flying parallel but u have to work that out for yourselves.

Well Lord Haw Haw and many others like to nuke my bomber formation. It is widely used to kill or beak up bomber waves/attacks....
-SH
Baton101
level4
level4

Postby Baton101 » Sun May 12, 2013 9:49 am

If I can kill 5 fighters with 1 nuke ill gladly do it.

Return to “Strategic Air Command”