Bomber turning around in place

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

VSj
level2
level2

Bomber turning around in place

Postby VSj » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:46 pm

Every so ofthen, having a lot of bombers make tight turns, I have this one bomber turning around in place, with no radius.

AFAIK there's nothing special in how I order the one - always just the one - randomly goes haywire :) Have you seen someone else's go like this in an online game? Might there be a trick to achieving this intentionally?
Colytic
Site Admin

Re: Bomber turning around in place

Postby Colytic » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:24 pm

Lucky you :P
- Tobias -
level3
level3

Re: Bomber turning around in place

Postby - Tobias - » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:55 am

I'm not sure of all the conditions in your scenario, and I can't say I recall ever seeing one intentionally (manually) turned around with NO radius. With that said, I am aware of one method which allows TIGHT turning radii, but it has limited uses; namely, you can set the path of a bomber so that when it expires, or runs out, the bomber will return to the nearest carrier (with an open slot). When the nearest carrier also happens to be near 180 degrees from the current path of such a bomber, such turns are exceptionally tight; presumably because they are managed automatically by the code. I've seen this work best when a bomber is armed, but runs out of path without being triggered. It will turn in a very tight radius (assuming a near 180 degree angle to the closest open carrier), while remaining armed. This tactic is especially good when the arc of the nuke on the first path is unfavorable, but on the return path it is better. Release of the nuke is triggered on the return path.

Return to “Strategic Air Command”