Please scroll down to see original post/idea
Note: The following is a brief summary of ideas/thoughts/problems listed in this thread which will be updated until a more formal system has been devised to keep track (if ever ).
Pseudo Trouble Tickets
√ Correction for "Warning: Division by zero in /home2/g0ldman/public_html/pox/defcon_stats/browse.php on line 474" message.
√ Unable to edit table. Message displayed: "Insufficient Privileges or Bad URL" Fixed! (works for me too now) -
Suggested Display Features
- !! Suggested Stats:
- ► Average kills/deaths/collateral/etc...
- !! Player with the mosts kills/kill ratio(% kills per game) Probably should have a minimum number of games played limit, of different classes based on number of games played.
- √ Complete continent vs continent rundown (leaving out games that include "dropped early" by either party?)
- √ Complete player vs player rundown (leaving out games that include "dropped early" by either party?)
- √ Bloodiest game
- √ Total number of games logged
- Player Specific
- ► Most reckless player (high collateral)
- ► Most efficient player (based on nukes left)
- ► Total kills/deaths/collateral/etc...
- ► kills/deaths/collateral/etc... ratios
- ► Average kills/deaths/collateral/etc...
- ► Average score
- √ Game Duration
- √ Highest win ratio
- √ Longest Game
- √ Shortest Game
- ► A link out to a screenshot would be most useful for verification purposes
- √ List of all players entered
Suggested Data Entry Features
- ► BIG FAT "export button" (or method of some sort)
- ► Duplicate game entry check
- ? Idea/Suggestion/Trouble Ticket area
- ? Rating system - from 1 to 5 nukes, in the viewers opinion how interesting / instructive a game was it
- ? Multiple screenshots per game with comments could be a power feature - particularly if the DB embeds the full version of each shot. It would be an excellent way to show off tactics / strategies / commentary - the ultimate debriefing / strategy guide
- ? Unique player name table based on KeyID or IP (the same way Bert does it) - otherwise a) spelling/capitalization mistakes and b) people playing under multiple names might mess things up. This could be linked to the main table by drop-down menu. In discussion
- !! Autolog fields for recording who entered / edited the record and when (?)
- !! General comments field Only available when entering/editing game data
- √ Search function by two players
- √ Cross-link reference to Bert's dedcon recording
- √ P1 or P2 dropped before the end of the game
- √ Scores signed field (this could be interesting ...)
► = No action taken.
√ = Complete, suggestion implemented.
!! = Partially complete, please review.
? = In-thread discussion.
Ø = Can not be implemented.
Please let me know if I've left out a/your suggestion. Just pm it to me and I'll add it. Please submit ideas for stats!
- Ace Rimmer August, Jan 1-7th, Feb 8-14 COMPLETE Thanks rus|Mike!
- rus|Mike September, Jan 8-15th COMPLETE
- Tripper October 14-31, Jan 19-22nd Logging In Progress
- Xocrates November, Jan 23-31st COMPLETE
- walrus47 December, Feb 1-7th, Oct. 1-8 COMPLETE Oct. 9-14 COMPLETE
- Pox - July COMPLETE
There are some games after Feb 14th but dates skip. So, for current (Feb 15th and later), these are OPEN to anybody that has time, just check the stats page to see if the game is already there or not.
Bert says there is a way to skip to the end, but I couldn't get it to work, stay tuned! Turns out to be false hope, sort of. It works, "JoinAs 0" but at least for me is not as smooth as just speeding up the playback.
The more people that get involved, the fewer recordings each would have to pull data from, so sign up people!
[Original Post] Ok, so all the talk about stats had me thinking that I'd go through bert_the_turtles Dedcon Duel server listings and record every (finished) game's stats logged there. Then I got to thinking some more and realized that there are roughly 150+ games listed since July 31, last year. That would take quite a while to go through. I'm not talking just scores, but Players, Kills, Deaths, Collateral, Survivors, Nukes, Score, Territories, and Game Date.
This would open up all kinds of numbers for us to drool over. Things like "who has player x defeated the most and with what territory", "the most destructive player", "who actually loses the least", "highest overall win ratio", "most reckless player (high collateral)", "most efficient player (based on nukes left), a better idea of which territories win and which lose; either overall, per player, per set of players... The list goes on and on.
The only problem of course is what I've already mentioned, getting the data. Therefore, what I propose is to divide the recordings up and assign them to all willing and able participants in order to more quickly compile all this data. After all of it has been recorded, then it could be stored online somewhere for all to see (like Google documents, remember the Unofficial Tournament sheets?). We just need two things...
Volunteers and somebody with very good excel/db skills to work up all the possible stats we can think of and of course a template for all the volunteers to use to record the data. We'd want each person to be recording the data in the same format.
Now, I realize that the Dedcon Duel servers aren't a complete picture, but there isn't any other source we can get such information. The Dedcon Demo servers are way too large and have a lot of "unknowns", [DEMO] NewPlayers, scenario testing, and other such undesirables. The Duel servers on the other hand may have a few dropped games, but in general are serious matches that both players intend on completing and have at least some measurable skill. Read that, not as much "Ace using the Star of India against New Player "I just got this game today and it's great! Now, let me put my silos in your radar and my radar on the other side of my territory where it's useless, oh yeah, let me launch my bombers at Defcon 2 at your cities and send them in a direct line!"
So, please sign up by posting your Name in Bold and in Yellow if you are seriously interested in helping. Also, please post your thoughts on stats you'd really like to see posted and then updated regularly after the project is complete. Logging a few games a week shouldn't be too hard once this is complete.
Lastly, I've asked bert if there's any way to pull this information from the dedcon recordings and/or forcing dedcon to go straight to the end. No response yet, maybe somebody already knows? [/Original Post]