Practise V CPU

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Does practise v CPU improve you in online games?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 37
EZ
level0

Postby EZ » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:40 am

The depth is primarily why I bought the game - not so much that I was all giddy about launching nukes. The last time I really enjoyed playing any game on my computer was Warcraft II. When it first came out.

I can tell it's going to be a great adventure wiring my brain for this excursion. Sudoku is just too algorithmic anymore.

It was either this or speedcubing.
[SC] Pravus
level0

Postby [SC] Pravus » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:28 pm

i find that the CPU is very single-minded in its game play. It tends to go all out nukes as soon as it can, it doesnt really do any sneaky stuff. After playing online for as long as the game has been out, I can beat CPU every singe time. (Barring some uber noobish mistake, or freak accident of nature).

All in all, yes, you can learn the game by playing against CPU, but you will only learn so much.
torq
level3
level3

Postby torq » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:34 pm

You will learn just that - how to win against cpu.
NMO
M.I.R.V. Angel
level1
level1

Postby M.I.R.V. Angel » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:34 am

Yup, the AI needs to be allowed to occaisonally do somethin so obscure, so unpredictable it'll probably lose the game, but If it all comes together (ie 6 bobmer to suicide deliver around the back of a country...etc..ai seems to fond of its disposable delivery systems...)

In truth the AI gave me 5 good games, but now its a lmb to my slaughter house, what ever scenario i present.

AI cant cope with timed waves...your first wave of bomber will annihilate his silos, leaving him open to a massacre every time.

need better silo layouts depending on which country / population centres, but dont know if AI "Knows" how many people are in that city 50 miles from its silos....

Ideas?
ECOMCON
level0

Postby ECOMCON » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:10 pm

i think a better (customizable) AI would be very cool. levels : mollusk (braindead) -- Dr Strangelove (impossible) :)
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:05 am

Well, now we've got the names it should be a cinch to actually make them ;)
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch

Return to “Strategic Air Command”