Coordinated backstab

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

torq
level3
level3

Coordinated backstab

Postby torq » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:16 am

Well, not very noble tactics, and my partner in this was having moral difficulties, but it was a lot of fun.

I (Africa) was chatting with David who happenned to play for Russia. As usual, Europe allied with him, while I was allied with Asia. We'd just played a game where we were enemies and for a change I threw an 'innocent' thought to David 'Let's nuke our neighbors'. And so we did. At a specific moment, David took out all European silos, while I did the same with Asia (we even fed intel info to each other), then we forged an alliance. We called it a coordinated backstab. After that we nuked every city of our neighbors we could and thus won the game.

Actually I too had moral difficulties with this and sectretly hoped we'd fail, but we succeeded.
To be honest, I post it here not to boast but to warn people that this may happen and the fact that coordinated backstab in the middle of the game gives more points than I'd actually expected. So be warned.
NMO
Pater
level2
level2

Postby Pater » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:30 pm

My first last place since the early first games.. And I think back then I got only one too.

Happened just like this, but on the victim side. I was playing Europe, allied Russia. At Defcon 1 Russia backstabbed me by joining NA's alliance. I was sandwiched and totally taken out. Didnt end up negative though, but last place anyway.

Distasteful game.. Europe is too easily cornered.

Return to “Strategic Air Command”