Landing Bombers Appopriately?

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

mehoo462
level2
level2

Landing Bombers Appopriately?

Postby mehoo462 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:10 am

So Bombers land at the closest airbase by default.

Lets say I launch ALL of my bombers... carriers bombers included in a massive strike... fine fine, i get to launch lots of nukes...

Now let's say I have a tremendous amount of bombers that I'de like to land, reload, and launch again. The problem here is they all land at the closest airbase with spots avaialble.

So I wind up with 1 or 2 airbases and a couple of carriers with all my bombers and a bunch of empty hangars (with payloads ready to be loaded). The results that I have a ton of bombers, but only 10 or 12 ready to nuke.

How is this helpful? And what is the way around it?

I suppose I could micromanage where each and every bomber lands, but that seems like a tedius pain in the ass, given the way the interface works. Why do I want to play a game that demands I do that?

A better solution would be to have a way to choose between launching empty bombers or loaded bombers, that way I could send the 5 empty bombers to another airfield, without having to risk the valuable payload of my loaded bombers while the fly in circles waiting for the others to launch. Is there any way to do this?

WTF.

Anybody have any suggestions.

I'm only half conscious right now, I hope somebody can understand my problem, and give an intelligent response.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:08 pm

This has already be discussed in another post, here

mehoo462 wrote:Why do I want to play a game that demands I do that?

Because its extremely fun to nuke the hell out of the other guy.
TheHappyFriar
level2
level2

Postby TheHappyFriar » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:51 am

if the game decided how to manage your units all you'd do is push the button.

How's the fun? Put the game in a slower speed (1-2x) & tell your bombers where to land. it's easy.

Return to “Strategic Air Command”