Carrier Group launching.

In-depth tactical discussion on how to lose the least

Moderator: Defcon moderators

cwhit21
level0

Carrier Group launching.

Postby cwhit21 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:02 pm

Ok Ive gotton alot of things down. But one I dont like is when i laucnh fighters or bombers from a carrier group it gives itself oders to move into the fray and work on itself getting sunk. Anyoen else notice this and have a problem too, I mean i gotta micro manage that? Any ideas on keeping the carriers to the rear while still launchin?
Dr. Strangelove
level1
level1

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:10 pm

well, i like to keep my BS together, and advance them in a large group, perhaps swinging along the flanks. my carriers have to creep forward as they continue launching, so as to minimize fighter fuel drain, but i still try and keep them off radar. keeping them back from the actual fight is just patterened instinct now.
How I learned to stop worrying and love The Bomb.

tired of your old music? tell me about it! ill find you something new, or my parents didn't name me for a truckers life!
cwhit21
level0

Postby cwhit21 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:46 pm

yes i do the same. BS with bs and carriers together too. jsut when i launch them they move into the fray. i even keep them back. but that means i cant watch anything else for to long, which is tough to do sometimes.. guess i might jsut have to deal with it. thanks
Drumman1000
level1
level1

Postby Drumman1000 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:57 pm

Don't have a targeted launch, launch the planes a shooting range (red circle) before the targets you want to shoot.
GeneticFreak
level3
level3

Postby GeneticFreak » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:02 am

Yeah the carrier moves by itself while launching the planes. So annoying I have to drag them back to where they belong :(
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight
ArchAngelZXV
level0

Postby ArchAngelZXV » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:44 am

Just to reiterate what Drumman said, just don't target the enemy when launching from a carrier, target open space. Then lock onto an enemy with the plane after it launched., The plane will launch but the carrier won't follow. It's a hassle, yes, and perhaps it should be addressed by IV. I suspect the reason the carrier moves is to give the fighter planes a chance to land back onto the carrier before it runs out of fuel, which unfortunately means the carrier moves straight into harms way and get itself destroyed anyway. Personally, I would prefer it if the carrier doesn't move at all during launch and I choose when I want it to move as well.
MAD_Gargamel
level0

Postby MAD_Gargamel » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:06 pm

yeah its god damn hassle, i can click 30 times to move away and it still pursuit enemy ships
Rednecksith
level1
level1

Postby Rednecksith » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:48 pm

This is one of my pet peeves. I swear, I've lost more carriers to this than any number of other reasons combined. I'm getting better at telling to them to stop, but its kinda hard when you've got multiple fleet engagements going on in mutliple oceans on top of trying to manage your land based air support. Ahh well. *Goes back to practicing*
Now, lets us rain some DOOM down upon the FILTHY heads of our DOOMED enemies!

Return to “Strategic Air Command”