Moderator: Defcon moderators

VANGUARD
level2
level2

Icebreaker!

Postby VANGUARD » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:15 pm

Re; Soviet Naval Command

Dear Comrade Bozakovin,

I can attribute the recent victory over the American capitalist pigdogs and their lackeys to a single theatre of our Strategic Defence Forces: The Northern Submarine Fleet. After our glorious victory in the pacific over the fascist dogs, our submarines hid above the Arctic swooped round from reserve after the American Atlantic Fleet was drawn into a costly battle with ground-based bombers and carriers. Four 667BDRMs, a single 941 Typhoon, and a 661 Anchar were sufficient to destroy NORAD and the American Theatre Air Defense systems surrounding New York, Washington, and Boston. Following this attack, the Rodina immediately launched ICBM plan 224.5H , wiping out much of the east coast (apart from Florida which was crushed by a one-way bomber attack yesterday) and the midwest, after the American west coast defences were destroyed by naval bombers carrying tactical level weapons.

My conclusion comrade, is that our submarines, kept in reserve above the Arctic where the Americans did not look for them, where in a position to swiftly move down and engage where typically the incompetent US counterpart places his air defence. Furthermore, this doubles as an attacking point where submarines can retreat and attack from to hit the European lackeys. As opposed to placing our submarines off greenland or iceland where they could easily have been detected, the Arctic provided us with a safe haven from detection for our subs.

I will repeat this tactic in further simulations against the US imperialists and their European lapdogs and re-evaluate this tactic that I place so much faith in.

Long Live the Rodina and Comrade Chernenko
Rear Admiral Vankaguardov

Hehe, seriously, anyone tried this before? I find the Arctic and above Greenland great place to hide subs.
Last edited by VANGUARD on Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ander75it
level2
level2

Postby ander75it » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:22 pm

Nice post... Did you try this with AI, or human players?
Ander
@=

Message follows, Alpha, Seven, Eight, November, Foxtrot, One, Five, Two, Two
Beafman
level1
level1

Artic

Postby Beafman » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:40 pm

it works both ways, i use it myslef when im russia or Europa. works very well :D
VANGUARD
level2
level2

Postby VANGUARD » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:51 pm

Thanks, and human.
kneecaps
level1
level1

Postby kneecaps » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:29 am

good tactic! I'm loving these 'after action' reports people are doing! Amusing reading!
Nikita Kruschev
level0

Postby Nikita Kruschev » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:57 am

Excellent work comrade! You shall be rewarded for your service to the motherland!

I have noted that the best time to launch our weapons from our submarine fleet is when the Capitalists have launched their silo-based missiles; they (The A.I at least, and less experienced players) tend to launch all these weapons at once, leaving their country entirely exposed to our glorious onslaught!
Cargo Cult
level1
level1

Re: Icebreaker!

Postby Cargo Cult » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:25 pm

VANGUARD wrote:Rear Admiral Vankaguardova

Erm... Are you intending to be a lady? ;-)

Anyway. Is there a good way of getting subs up into the Arctic Ocean from Asia? Mine keep wanting to go right round Africa and up the Atlantic...
VANGUARD
level2
level2

Postby VANGUARD » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:31 pm

Whoops >.<

Anyway, thanks for the comments, and yes, but it takes ages. YOu have to sneak them up around the Bering Straits inbetween Alaska and Siberia.

Return to “Strategic Air Command”