Uplink 1.55 Patch/Demo (Windows/Linux)

Discussion about the latest patch

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Rkiver, frenchfrog, JamesL

mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:43 pm

It is not so much the English version that you need, but the version published by Introversion Software. If you bought a retail copy of the game, then chances are that you bought the version being illegally published by Strategy First.

If that is not your problem, then you should probably be a bit more clear about exactly what it is you are trying to do, and what, exactly, is happening.
K-NO
level0

Postby K-NO » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:43 pm

I have installed the 1.55 patch in Windows XP but all the text is flashing making it impossible to read. Is there any way to get around this?

Sorry I managed to fix it by reducing the refresh rate.
Last edited by K-NO on Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:49 pm

Turn off window blinds.
Make sure you have the latest graphical drivers for your graphics card.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
markhyder
level2
level2

Postby markhyder » Wed May 07, 2008 3:14 am

Should I download this patch?

Is this patch safe to use?

Does it make the game load faster, More Features, ect.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Wed May 07, 2008 10:27 am

markhyder wrote:Should I download this patch?

Is this patch safe to use?

Does it make the game load faster, More Features, ect.

frenchfrog wrote:VERSION 1.55

- Fixed : Crashes with invalid floating point operations.
- Fixed : Problem on Linux with .dat files directly in Uplink directory and not in the lib/ sub directory. (Happen when upgrading from some older version of Uplink to a newer version)
- Fixed : A crash with LANs having invalid location. (check the debug.log to see the warnings)
- Fixed : A crash with LANs having invalid links. (check the debug.log to see the warnings)
- Fixed : A crash with LANs having modems without phone number.
- Fixed : Crashes with PasswordBreaker/DictionaryHacker if their target screen isn't there anymore.
- Fixed : Crashes with tasks if their interface isn't there anymore.

- Added : A code card (codecard.txt) to the online download version of Uplink.
- Added : Software rendering option to the Windows version of Uplink. Also change to software rendering if the game crash during OpenGL initialization.
- Added : Show Bank IP on the Finance interface.

- Changed : Steam Authentication is now done with the help of a external DLL, this should permit new MODs to work with Steam.
- Changed : Much better error handling on Linux and some minor tweaks to error handling on Windows.
- Changed : Loading a corrupted saved game (agent) should now show a message box instead of crashing.

Reading the first post is always a good idea ;) Yes, the patch is perfectly safe - it fixes several issues as patches are wont to do, and adding the Bank IP to the Finance interface makes bank hacking less fiddly.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
markhyder
level2
level2

Postby markhyder » Wed May 07, 2008 10:47 am

I am right that introversion did not make this patch.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Wed May 07, 2008 10:51 am

No, you are incorrect - this patch is official - and either way it's clearly endorsed based on the fact that it's stickied.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!

Ultimate Uplink Guide

Latest Patch
markhyder
level2
level2

Postby markhyder » Wed May 07, 2008 10:55 am

KingAl wrote:No, you are incorrect - this patch is official - and either way it's clearly endorsed based on the fact that it's stickied.

Ok, It because I looked at http://introversion.co.uk/uplink/otherfiles.html and this page has not been updated as it got link for Patch 1.54 for Windows.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Wed May 07, 2008 11:03 am

That's called "out of date" it can happen. frenchfrog IS part of Introversion, the patch is official. End of.
sentropie
level1
level1

Postby sentropie » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:24 pm

Two points:

* When will the patch 1.55 be applied to steam? Or do I have to install it on my own? Would this cause problems with Steam (for changing game data)?

* The official page lists an outdated demo: http://www.introversion.co.uk/uplink/demo_win32.html
alexanderpas
level1
level1

Re: Uplink 1.55 Patch/Demo (Windows/Linux)

Postby alexanderpas » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:21 pm

frenchfrog wrote:- Added : A code card (codecard.txt) to the online download version of Uplink.
why didn't you just add The official codecard PDF from the last question of the FAQ (beacause it's hard to read?)
mazachan
level0

Postby mazachan » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:08 pm

Was multiple monitor support removed somewhere along the line? I just installed the game, was able to see the MM link in options, but after I installed this latest patch, the option was gone.
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:35 am

mazachan wrote:Was multiple monitor support removed somewhere along the line? I just installed the game, was able to see the MM link in options, but after I installed this latest patch, the option was gone.

Multi-monitor support was removed because (if I recall correctly) (a) it didn't work very well and (b) it confused people.
RQ
level0

Postby RQ » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:00 am

Good day
I'm newbie on the forum and wasn't find any topic about "mouse pointer" in Uplink 1.55
I tried to play in safemode and fullscreen mode and result was the same: windows mouse-pointer (black arrow) is under the Uplink mouse-pointer (little gray arrow) and its showen its same time...
Is it possible somehow to fix it and use only 1 kind of mouse pointer (not both of them in same time) or maybe i can do it by myself?
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:54 am

You running windows blinds by any chance?

Return to “Latest Patch”