Uplink 1.55 Patch/Demo (Windows/Linux)

Discussion about the latest patch

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Rkiver, frenchfrog, JamesL

RQ
level0

Postby RQ » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:47 pm

Sry of my bad english, but what do mean "running windows blinds" ?
What are you expext to hear from me ? Is it somekind of humor and i should laugh of your "joke"?

P.S. Its weird, i was tried to make unchecked "softwaremouse"-option (in "Edit graphic") + ("safemode"-option was cheked) + Apply + restart
And it seem game doesn't turn off the window's mouse pointer if "safemode" was choosen! and leave both of pointers in same time... (and again turnon "softwaremouse"-option)
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:25 pm

No it's not a joke.

There is a program called Windows Blinds for adding themes and the like to windows, to change how it looks. It is known to cause problems.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
RQ
level0

Postby RQ » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:42 pm

Ohh now i see.
Nop, none of such win blind programms wasn't used on my PC

I supose its fine now, just turn off "safemode"-option and "softwaremouse"-option and now game is still in window-mode and its only 1 pointer left (black) :)

Rkiver thx anyway.

P.S. You know game is really great!... but its so easy to get millions of credits by transfers in start of the game (i mean not in the 1st minutes, about after 20-30 minutes and what we got: reward for the missions is 6’000c – 10’000c, for example, and by transfer i can make 1’000’000c much faster and much easier… Is it good for game ballance? Sure as for player its MEGA-super... but what will be after? i can spent all of these money to buy best gateway and improove it with max hardware, also i can buy last software... so its mean i just need default getaway to start the game and after 1 million i can buy best one gateway (last) and all other gateways wasn't used ... and what next??? what is the meaning of "money" after ?? Money its most important things in Uplink, and if you have it enough on 20-30 min... game became boring without any sence, sure if you aren't tried to solve all kind of missions yet), and if 1.55 patch is still in testing and wasn't officially realized (on site last version still 1.54)... so i thought may be this feature should be harder to be done? Like:

- player should not only delete logs of money’s transfer, and also he should gain access to admin-option and also delete logs there (its really be harder, because of expensive software) – in other case he will be caught;
- put all of big money banks cracking in LAN (soft for lan much expensive) and after transfers will became much harder to stay in shadow during hack-job. Ammount of credit till 50'000 could be found in ordinary banks, and if it value more than 50'000 it should be only in banks with LAN;
- "monitor-bypass" is not so ballanced... because if you got it you became like a untouchble-shadow-hacker-GOD (game became boring)... and once again if you got it (25'000c - 5level), all the millions in banks are yours... is it right?? Its should be much expensive.

At least earn of money now will be not so easy mission.... and if u want millions... u should work hard and put a lot of money to improove your gateway. Right?
But from other side i have doubts somebody will change something :)))
thiamath
level0

SEGFAULT or remaining processes

Postby thiamath » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:49 am

Hi everyone!!!

I've been searching for something like this but...

I'm using Uplink for linux in Ubuntu 8.04 and updated to the 1.55 patch.
Before patching it I was having the problem that each time i run Uplink, i had to register a new agent... it was fixed with the patch.

But now i have a new problem.
When running Uplink from Nautilus, everything works fine until I exit the program. The music is still playing... because the processes "uplink" and "uplink.bin.x86" are still running!!! I have to kill them manually.
And if I run it from console, then when exit, I receive

Code: Select all

Version 1.55 (RELEASE)
Compiled on Mar 19 2007 at 13:34:53
(code-C)(code-M)(code-T)

An Uplink Internal Error has occured: segmentation violation (SIGSEGV)

An (unrecognised) Uplink Internal Error has occured
===================================================
See the /home/raistlin/.uplink/debug.log file for more informations on the error

And the worst thing... My debug.log is empty!!!!!
the log i'm looking at is on ~/.uplink

Any idea?
spet
level0

Cannot download

Postby spet » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:46 pm

When I try to download the files I get redirected to http://www.introversion.co.uk/uplink/2/

Are the files hosted someplace reachable? :)
Ghost Stalker
level2
level2

Postby Ghost Stalker » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:22 pm

Is it just me or is the 1.55 not available anymore?
:?
Yep.
Seitaro
level2
level2

Postby Seitaro » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:48 pm

I downloaded it from the store a few days ago for linux.. It was 1.54.

:( !!
Chaosspawn23
level0

Postby Chaosspawn23 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:45 pm

On the risk that I'm beating a dead horse here:

I found the latest (1.55) linux patch here: http://dlh.net/cgi-bin/dlp.cgi?lang=eng&sys=linux&file=uplink-patch-1.55.tar.gz&ref=ps

Respectively, the windows version can be found here:
http://dlh.net/cgi-bin/dlp.cgi?lang=eng&sys=pc&file=uplinkpatch-155.zip&ref=ps

If these links don't work, you can search for uplink patches yourself at http://patches-scrolls.de/.

Regards,
Chaosspawn23
BradReed
level0

Postby BradReed » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:26 am

It seems the linux 1.55 patch is gone.

The "alternative" link posted by Chaosspawn23 doesn't work, as it gives an error :
=====DEBUGGING INFORMATION ENABLED=====

An error occured in Uplink
Files integrity is not verified

An Uplink Error has occured
Files integrity is not verified
Flake
level0

Postby Flake » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:07 pm

The 1.55 patch for Linux can be found by doing a phrase search on Google for the filename: uplink-patch-1.55.tar.gz.

Unzip/untar the downloaded file, overwriting any existing files on the way.
jahwi
level0

uplink patches

Postby jahwi » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:57 am

all the patches i downloaded and the mods i created are not working...........it just shows an X sign on all the picture spaces.......ive extracted all the graphics .dat files but the game does not recognise any new patch im using version 1.3 8) :P
©JAHWI©
brisk
level0

Postby brisk » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:50 pm

I've owned the game for several years (via Steam) but really just dug into it this weekend. I think I've encountered a bug, but I'm not sure that it's not just a case of "you're doing it wrong".

Here's the issue: If I ever accept more than one mission at a time, or if I accept another mission before "completing" the previous one (by sending my employer an email indicating that I'm done), then the next mission's computer never shows up on the world map. This means I can't make a bounce route to it. Usually this problem manifests for computer systems that I already have hacked previously (but, of course, my username & password/code are invalidated), so I can still connect directly to the target... but we all know that is a recipe for instant traceback and failure.

Am I crazy, or is there a way to get previously hacked systems to persist on the worldmap that I'm just not seeing?

Is the intent of the game designer that I only ever 'Accept' one job at a time, and then re-log-in to the jobs board between every single mission?

It seems odd that I can accept several missions at once, but only successfully complete one of them.

The only way I've found to get the subsequent mission's endpoints to appear on the map is to 'Abandon' them (which seemingly affects my standings :p) and then re-Accept them. Not cool.

Help! :)
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:21 pm

The email thingy should tell you the name of the server, just use internic to add it by yourself.
brisk
level0

Postby brisk » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:40 am

NeatNit wrote:The email thingy should tell you the name of the server, just use internic to add it by yourself.

Using InterNIC won't let me add it to the map... it just adds it to my list of stored addresses. In the cases I'm talking about, I already have the address in my list, I just don't know how to put it back on the map!

Any idea how to take an address that's in your list and add it back to the map so you can route to/through it?
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:49 am

I don't remember (haven't played in years, and even then I didn't even play enough to start the story :P) but I know there's a way - experiment. Click on things you're unsure of. Etc.

Return to “Latest Patch”