Uplink 1.48 Patch

Discussion about the latest patch

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Rkiver, frenchfrog, JamesL

Sicarius
level1
level1

Postby Sicarius » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:37 pm

just spoke with a friend who bought Uplink today (1.47Download too) -> has the same problem with the patch.
D-Struct
level1
level1

Postby D-Struct » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:01 pm

Alyssa wrote:when i use those tools they delete a log or file, but they return to then mouse when finished, they dont keep "sticked"...

is that ok?

They keep 'sticked' on your mouse cursor, before the tools weren't sticked to your mouse cursor. This made fast mass deleting a 'tricky' thing (while using the tools, of course) and the tools were often accidentally closed while 'bouncing' around.
Alyssa
level1
level1

Postby Alyssa » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:03 pm

yes correct, but the sticky thing, is ALAWAYS or when IDLE?
Kinping
level1
level1

Postby Kinping » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:26 pm

Sicarius wrote:just spoke with a friend who bought Uplink today (1.47Download too) -> has the same problem with the patch.

Yes - you are totally right. If you _just_ installed the 1.47download as first version, then the update does not work. I just checked it. You have to get the Version called "uplink_win32_retail.exe" which is version 1.31. After installing that version (20,5MB) you can install "uplink_win32_1.47download.exe" (6,85MB). And then you will be able to install the 1.48 patch.

I just tried the whole installation process on another computer of mine. So I guess what you now need is the old version. But nevertheless you should write an email to IV and explain about the patch-behaviour.

Of course you can understand, that I cannot provide a download location for the file. But maybe somone official from IV can.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:44 pm

Kinping wrote:I just tried the whole installation process on another computer of mine. So I guess what you now need is the old version. But nevertheless you should write an email to IV and explain about the patch-behaviour.

Or just wait for frenchfrog to fix it since I'm sure he's reading this thread. :P
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Kinping
level1
level1

Postby Kinping » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:19 am

Montyphy wrote:Or just wait for frenchfrog to fix it since I'm sure he's reading this thread. :P

...well yeah - maybe just wait ;-)
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:38 am

Montyphy wrote:Or just wait for frenchfrog to fix it since I'm sure he's reading this thread. :P

For people unable to install this patch over Uplink 1.47 from the online store, redownload Uplink from that very online store, it will be Uplink 1.48 and compatible with further updates.
Alyssa
level1
level1

Postby Alyssa » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:45 am

Alyssa wrote:yes correct, but the sticky thing, is ALAWAYS or when IDLE?

some1?! :(
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:28 am

Alyssa wrote:yes correct, but the sticky thing, is ALAWAYS or when IDLE?

I think nobody answered because nobody understand your question.

I guess I could answer that if you don't manually _unselect_ a program (with the help of the right mouse button) it always stay _sticked_ to your mouse, which means that after the program finish executing it's current task (like coping a file) it returns to your mouse.
Alyssa
level1
level1

Postby Alyssa » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:03 am

frenchfrog wrote:I think nobody answered because nobody understand your question.

I guess I could answer that if you don't manually _unselect_ a program (with the help of the right mouse button) it always stay _sticked_ to your mouse, which means that after the program finish executing it's current task (like coping a file) it returns to your mouse.

yes! that was my question, sory for my bad english...

i thougth that the sticky was ALWAYS, but is like you sey, when i click to delete a file or log, it stays over that file/log and returns to the mouse when it finishes..

so the behevior is ok...

tnkz frenchfrog
Sicarius
level1
level1

Postby Sicarius » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:43 am

frenchfrog wrote:For people unable to install this patch over Uplink 1.47 from the online store, redownload Uplink from that very online store, it will be Uplink 1.48 and compatible with further updates.

Yeah, I thought, that something like that will fix the whole problem :). Thanks for the help. And of course thanks Kinping for finding out the underlying problem.

EDIT: Works fine and the download is now way bigger (~20MB).
phyreskull
level3
level3

Postby phyreskull » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:27 am

Wow, it's been a while since I was last around. A brand-spanking-new Uplink patch? Oooh. Will there be diffs released against the developer CD source though? I'd like to try my hand at fixing the multiscreen system when I have some spare time this year, without breaking any of the new features/fixes. Uplink is exciting again ;-)
phyreskull
(Dave Ingram)

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videteur!
An Uplink DevCD Owner, and proud!
lexus
level1
level1

patches

Postby lexus » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:37 am

Hy,

I have installed the patch 1.31, and i got the 1.48, do i have to install all the olders patches before intall de latest patch?
The crakers are nasty, but the hackers are other pex
phyreskull
level3
level3

Postby phyreskull » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:15 am

Unless something serious has changed that I don't know about, no: each patch stands alone by itself.
phyreskull

(Dave Ingram)

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videteur!

An Uplink DevCD Owner, and proud!
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:48 pm

phyreskull wrote:Will there be diffs released against the developer CD source though?

Yeah, when the patches are consider pretty final (which is not far from being the case) a Linux updated version will be release and the DevCD should also get updated.

lexus wrote:do i have to install all the olders patches before intall de latest patch?

This question have already been asked a couple of times, and phyreskull answer is correct (you only have to get the latest patch).

Now, I simply cannot get why people are asking this question. The last time I saw a game with forced incremental patches must have been Vietcong which is already ~3 years old, incremental patching remind me of the dial-up internet access era, where every bits should be saved. Now, _every_ games provide a full patch, and sometimes a update patch from the last version.

Return to “Latest Patch”