Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Rkiver, frenchfrog, JamesL

frenchfrog
level5
level5

Uplink 1.48 Patch

Postby frenchfrog » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:49 am

As usual, Download the patch here.
View the full changelog here.

I have done some work on the linux version, (yeah for gcc 4), it's getting better.

VERSION 1.48

*Fixed : Crash problems with dead agent computer.
*Fixed : Crash on the Academic Database or the Social Security Database when searching a name that is not in the record.
*Fixed : Problem with the close button on the Protovision server.
*Fixed : Alt-tabing crashes by not painting the screen when minimized.
*Fixed : Problems with custom gateways.
*Fixed : Crash in the contact screen if the mission is already taken.
*Fixed : Crashes at exit.
*Fixed : Crash due to over limit mission difficulty.
*Fixed : Crash with the Dictionary Hacker.

*Added : File Copier, File Deleter, Decrypter, Log Deleter, Log Undeleter, don't unstick from the mouse when used.
*Added : An option to show servers on the world map in a different color ( click the visibility button on the servers screen to cycle between visible, visible and colored, not visible ).
*Added : An option for faster animation speed.
D-Struct
level1
level1

Re: Uplink 1.48 Patch

Postby D-Struct » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:01 am

frenchfrog wrote:I have done some work on the linux version, (yeah for gcc 4), it's getting better.

Sounds good, we are looking forward to an updated linux version.

frenchfrog wrote:VERSION 1.48

*Added : An option to show servers on the world map in a different color ( click the visibility button on the servers screen to cycle between visible, visible and colored, not visible ).

I <3 you, that's definitly one of my most wanted features. Thanks!

Edit: Well and how to change the color now? Don't works for me or did I missed something?
D-Struct
level1
level1

Postby D-Struct » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:13 am

D-Struct wrote:
frenchfrog wrote:VERSION 1.48

Edit: Well and how to change the color now? Don't works for me or did I missed something?

Nevermind, I got it. But it would be very nice if the user can define colors himself or you give the system a specific color by function. By example voice systems are blue, public access are dark green and mission objectives are lime (already implemented). It's really hard to get an overview on more then 20 links.

Another nice thingy would be an option to shorten names ... like PAS for Public Access Server and so. This would be really help to stop messing up the map while alot links are connected.

Anyways, thanks for your ongoing support.

regards,

D-Struct.
Hmuda
level3
level3

Postby Hmuda » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:56 am

frenchfrog wrote:Added : File Copier, File Deleter, Decrypter, Log Deleter, Log Undeleter, don't unstick from the mouse when used.
Thanks, I was looking forward to this one. :)
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:05 pm

D-Struct wrote:Nevermind, I got it. But it would be very nice if the user can define colors himself or you give the system a specific color by function. By example voice systems are blue, public access are dark green and mission objectives are lime (already implemented). It's really hard to get an overview on more then 20 links.

Why bother colouring the phones and public access? Just use your address book to connect to them directly. Afterall, you don't get traced for connecting to them.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Alyssa
level1
level1

Postby Alyssa » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:08 pm

when i use those tools they delete a log or file, but they return to then mouse when finished, they dont keep "sticked"...

is that ok?
Sicarius
level1
level1

Postby Sicarius » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:54 pm

Bought Uplink yesterday (better late than never :) ) and got a link to version 1.47Download

Is it impossible to this new patch on this version? Because when I try to install it, even if it points to the directory Uplink is in, the "install"-button doesn't get active.

Thanks for the help.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:56 pm

It should install ontop since I believe all it does is replace the .exe. Make sure the directory the patch installer is pointing to is in fact where you installed the game originally.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.

Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Sicarius
level1
level1

Postby Sicarius » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:20 pm

Just downloaded the file again and tried again. The "install"-button just never gets active. And if I try to search the directory where I put the game (H:\Uplink), the OK-Button never get's clickable.
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:52 pm

Possible, I think the installer check for some files, perhaps some of them are missing with the online download version.
Kinping
level1
level1

Postby Kinping » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:55 pm

frenchfrog wrote:Possible, I think the installer check for some files, perhaps some of them are missing with the online download version.

No, Patch works perfectly with the online download version. After applying the patch it just says "1.48" instead of "1.47download".
Sicarius
level1
level1

Postby Sicarius » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:02 pm

So what can I do? I just tried installing Uplink fresh in the default directory and then applying the patch...still same problem -> install button stays inactive... :(

Is there a way to extract the files out of the installer manually? After all the only thing it does, is extract some files...
Kinping
level1
level1

Postby Kinping » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:09 pm

Can you apply the 1.47 Patch maybe? And after that the 1.48 Patch? Maybe it is something like that. Or - if you have the old version, can you install an older Version and then patch?

"Downloaders" without the code card might have a problem though, since they cannot input the code that is asked when registering as agent...
Sicarius
level1
level1

Postby Sicarius » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:20 pm

at the moment I only have 1.47Download (don't know which version will be in the box I get). And I can't find an active mirror for the 1.47 patch.

this is VERY strange...
Alyssa
level1
level1

Postby Alyssa » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:30 pm

Alyssa wrote:when i use those tools they delete a log or file, but they return to then mouse when finished, they dont keep "sticked"...

is that ok?

SOME1?? help!!

Return to “Latest Patch”