Uplink Test Patch, version 1.32

Discussion about the latest patch

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Rkiver, frenchfrog, JamesL

JamesL
level1
level1

Uplink Test Patch, version 1.32

Postby JamesL » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:27 am

The latest version of the testing patch can be downloaded here.
The list of changes can be found here.

This release fixes several crash bugs in 1.31c. This should provide a much more stable game with some interface improvements.

It is important to note that any agent files loaded in Uplink 1.32 will be resaved in a new format, incompatible with older versions.

When installing, please be sure to fill in the userinfo.txt file with your details.

Please can you report any bugs you find in the Bug Reports forum.

Note that this particular release of Uplink is unlocked for a limited time. After that time, you will still be able to continuing existing agents, just not start new ones without the codecard.

Thanks for all your help testing the patches so far, it is much appreciated.

Introversion Software
Babylon5
level5
level5

Re: Uplink Test Patch, version 1.32

Postby Babylon5 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:43 am

JamesL wrote:After that time, you will still be able to continuing

=O Bad grammar.

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
kurgan2001
level1
level1

Postby kurgan2001 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:43 pm

sweet .. I'll have to try this when I get home after work .. I've been waiting for a new patch .. :D
Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not looking over your shoulder and reading your email .. ;)
nixau
level0

Postby nixau » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:19 pm

Some request features:
+ shortcuts for tools (ex. set shortcut key for file deleter etc. but own custom by user)

+ create back buttons example in bank. If we enter to "admin" menu by mistakem we can't back to main menu - we must disconnect and connect again.

+ add options to save/load a few track in world map

(Add 27 july 2006)

+ options to sell own software (if we buy new software we can sell old software)

+ create more mission and software ;)

Some bugs:
- after install patch 1.32 about 2 minutes of gamming, game are closed and i have info that UplinkSupport.exe can't locate mfc80.dll (im using w2k with SP4 and all uptime updates)

errorlogs.txt:

Code: Select all

uplink caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module uplink.exe at 001b:0041cf66.

Exception handler called in WinMain.

CRASH REFERENCE CODE: d2ba3b4e

(...)

Write to location 00000000 caused an access violation.

Context:
EDI:    0x00689880  ESI: 0x05109e64  EAX:   0x00000000
EBX:    0x00000000  ECX: 0x00000001  EDX:   0x781c3b50
EIP:    0x0041cf66  EBP: 0x0012fd90  SegCs: 0x0000001b
EFlags: 0x00010246  ESP: 0x0012f8ac  SegSs: 0x00000023

(...)

- if we use any *_bypass and we close HUD_connectionanalises then we can see this *_bypass in screen.

- if we open maps and load track that have a lot of connection, cpu using are increased a lot and we have lags - the same problem if we zoom in map (i have P4 3.0GHz and 1GB ram and cpu using some time can be 80%).

- if we delete one (or more) link that was create track connection, on world map we have see wird "dancing" server :)
Last edited by nixau on Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:42 am

nixau wrote:Some bugs:
- after install patch 1.32 about 2 minutes of gamming, game are closed and i have info that UplinkSupport.exe can't locate mfc80.dll (im using w2k with SP4 and all uptime updates)

errorlogs.txt:

Code: Select all

uplink caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module uplink.exe at 001b:0041cf66.

Exception handler called in WinMain.

CRASH REFERENCE CODE: d2ba3b4e

(...)

Write to location 00000000 caused an access violation.

Context:
EDI:    0x00689880  ESI: 0x05109e64  EAX:   0x00000000
EBX:    0x00000000  ECX: 0x00000001  EDX:   0x781c3b50
EIP:    0x0041cf66  EBP: 0x0012fd90  SegCs: 0x0000001b
EFlags: 0x00010246  ESP: 0x0012f8ac  SegSs: 0x00000023

(...)

Ok, I think I understand the bug, it's related to agents doing mission in background, getting caught, and not having a criminal record.

nixau wrote:- if we use any *_bypass and we close HUD_connectionanalises then we can see this *_bypass in screen.

- if we open maps and load track that have a lot of connection, cpu using are increased a lot and we have lags - the same problem if we zoom in map (i have P4 3.0GHz and 1GB ram and cpu using some time can be 80%).

- if we delete one (or more) link that was create track connection, on world map we have see wird "dancing" server :)

As for those, at least they aren't new ;)
Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:09 pm

nixau wrote:Some request features:
+ shortcuts for tools (ex. set shortcut key for file deleter etc. but own custom by user)

Cake. I did it in Onlink. (At least, for the HUD. Actual shortcuts should be relativly easy as well)

nixau wrote:+ create back buttons example in bank. If we enter to "admin" menu by mistakem we can't back to main menu - we must disconnect and connect again.

Ah yes, I keep forgetting this one myself. There's a few other locations iirc as well.

nixau wrote:+ add options to save/load a few track in world map

I had also done this, and I know frenchfrog posted his own in the Dev section, so this one is probably only a matter of time...

nixau wrote:- if we use any *_bypass and we close HUD_connectionanalises then we can see this *_bypass in screen.

Also done this, also posted by frenchfrog :P

nixau wrote:- if we open maps and load track that have a lot of connection, cpu using are increased a lot and we have lags - the same problem if we zoom in map (i have P4 3.0GHz and 1GB ram and cpu using some time can be 80%).

Yes. This is a rendering issue. I know mostly the main issue for why it's LAGGY at least, but have no solution to the initial draw nor redraw at this time. Simply put, Uplink has a nasty tendency to redraw the entire screen every frame.

nixau wrote:- if we delete one (or more) link that was create track connection, on world map we have see wird "dancing" server :)

I'm not entirly certain what you're meaning on this one, sorry

Also...

frenchfrog wrote:Ok, I think I understand the bug, it's related to agents doing mission in background, getting caught, and not having a criminal record.

Exactly how did you come to this assertation? Perhaps a map file? Even if so, I'm not certain you HAVE the Uplink.map generated from 1.32...
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:17 pm

Miah Helpmann wrote:
nixau wrote:+ add options to save/load a few track in world map

I had also done this, and I know frenchfrog posted his own in the Dev section, so this one is probably only a matter of time...

I think he means having the possibility to save multiple connection instead of just one.

Miah Helpmann wrote:

Also done this, also posted by frenchfrog :P

Done, but not perfect, I've put them in background instead of not displaying them at all ;)

If you have a better patch I'm all for it.

Miah Helpmann wrote:
nixau wrote:- if we delete one (or more) link that was create track connection, on world map we have see wird "dancing" server :)

I'm not entirly certain what you're meaning on this one, sorry

Also...

I guess he means servers that were added by doing a 'Load connection' are dancing if you remove one of them.

Miah Helpmann wrote:
frenchfrog wrote:Ok, I think I understand the bug, it's related to agents doing mission in background, getting caught, and not having a criminal record.

Exactly how did you come to this assertation? Perhaps a map file? Even if so, I'm not certain you HAVE the Uplink.map generated from 1.32...

bah, dumpbin /DISASM Uplink.exe ;) (more infos if the .pcb is available) (also helps to have the source)

Return to “Latest Patch”