Game crashes with "An Uplink Asseration Failure has occ

Discussions on the Mac release

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Psp4804
level0

Game crashes with "An Uplink Asseration Failure has occ

Postby Psp4804 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:32 am

[deleted]
Last edited by Psp4804 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:42 am

Seeing as Ambrosia Software are responsible for the Mac version of the game, I would suggest asking on their forums.
TomBlues
level0

Postby TomBlues » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Hello Sebastian,
Sorry for your frustration. Ambrosia Software has no relation to Uplink in the App Store. Please contact Introversion, the game developers, for any support questions. Hope this helps :)

Anyone responsible for 1.6.5?
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Uplink 1.6.5 appears to be the version from the App Store, which is supported by IV, as per the text that you quoted (though I don't know where that quote came from in the first place). The post to which you are responding is 2 years old, and predates the App Store version, so I don't understand why you are posting here, either. Really, I am just very confused.
TomBlues
level0

Postby TomBlues » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:59 pm

Confused am I. I bought 1.6.5 in Apples App Store last week after trying the 1.6.1 Demo before. When I tried to install a custom Gateway, like discribed in many forums, I got the same Error Msg "An Uplink Asseration Failure has occ...". And after I read this thread here, I send my support request to Ambrosia, who then told me that Introversion supports 1.6.5.
So is it not a legitimated question to ask who gives Support for a software? For us, who are not familar with the different version history of Uplink for PC, Linux, Mac it's really confusing. And nowhere, only in the App Store, I found the version Number 1.6.5 before.
mr_anonymous
level3
level3

Postby mr_anonymous » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:09 am

TomBlues wrote:Confused am I...
So is it not a legitimated question to ask who gives Support for a software? For us, who are not familar with the different version history of Uplink for PC, Linux, Mac it's really confusing. And nowhere, only in the App Store, I found the version Number 1.6.5 before.

Again, I don't know what you are quoting above, but, as it says, IV are responsible for the App Store version.

Now, it seems that you actually wanted support, rather than to just complain about the lack thereof (perhaps you should have said so in the first place?):
TomBlues wrote:I bought 1.6.5 in Apples App Store last week after trying the 1.6.1 Demo before. When I tried to install a custom Gateway, like discribed in many forums, I got the same Error Msg "An Uplink Asseration Failure has occ...". And after I read this thread here, I send my support request to Ambrosia, who then told me that Introversion supports 1.6.5.

If I understand correctly, you are trying to use a custom Gateway with version 1.6.5. I see no reason to assume that this should work (or that it shouldn't, for that matter). It is possible that version 1.6.5 is incompatible with custom gateways. I don't have 1.6.5, so I have no way of testing it out.

Finally, for the record, the error that you report ("An Uplink Assertion Failure") should mean that the game is in a state that it doesn't expect to be in. There are tons of reasons why this might happen, and there is no reason to expect that your error has anything to do with the original poster's error from two years ago.
TomBlues
level0

Postby TomBlues » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:22 am

If I understand correctly, you are trying to use a custom Gateway with version 1.6.5. I see no reason to assume that this should work (or that it shouldn't, for that matter). It is possible that version 1.6.5 is incompatible with custom gateways. I don't have 1.6.5, so I have no way of testing it out.

After the Introversion FAQ page guided me into this forum and I still try to get nothing else than an answer if 1.6.5 supports those mods or not, I hoped to find the answer here. No reason to be so rude.
TurbulentEddie
level0

Postby TurbulentEddie » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:05 am

For custom gateway on OS X Steam, see: http://forums.introversion.co.uk/uplink ... 902#435902

Return to “Mac Uplink”