Uplink via CrossOver Games - Patch Problem...

Discussions on the Mac release

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

HobbinHood
level0

Uplink via CrossOver Games - Patch Problem...

Postby HobbinHood » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:15 am

I'll just copy'n'paste my posting over here, since I got redirected to this specific Mac-forum-section
HobbinHood wrote:Hi there,

since I'm running a Mac and i want to revive the good old Uplink gaming that (which was kept away deep inside of me since my other *nix machine "died") I installed Uplink via "CrossOver Games".

Pulled out my paper box and typed the black-on-black code after the first run of the game and luckily everything went fine. awesome.

But there's one very little problem left, that's keeping me from playing Uplink in windowed mode. I can't seem to apply the 1.55 patch. the "Install"-button during the process of installation is greyed out. wtf?!
(from *nix days i remember that there was a patch that fixed a bug with the advanced graphic settings menu or something like that)

Well?! How did you dear thread-starter, made it possible to install this patch in wine.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards, HobbinHood.
JazzJohannes
level0

Postby JazzJohannes » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:24 am

It works with the latest (even FBI Mod), use CrossOver Games to install 1.0, then use CrossOver to patch to 1.54 (wonder where 1.55 is actually).
orillian
level4
level4

Postby orillian » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:40 pm

its there, just for somereason the website is directing to 1.54, the file might have gone off for a walk or something

Return to “Mac Uplink”